Looking for good screen solution - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-30-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm new to the whole projector scene and have already decided on the BenQ W1070. My problem now is figuring out the most ideal screen for my room. I live in an apartment, fairly spacious but still an apartment. I'm looking for a 120" screen that won't cost too much. I can somewhat control the lighting, I'm putting up blackout curtains in the living area. I've been debating on a few different Elite Screens. From my understanding higher gain means the screen will be brighter. So here are the choices I have:

ER120WH1 - 1.1 gain Cine White $300 - Amazon
ER120GH1 - 1.8 gain Power Gain $380 - B&H
ER120DH2 - 2.0 gain Air Bright 3D2 $430 - CostCaptain

My buddy has the same projector setup in a different apartment (same complex) as me and he currently has nothing. It projects on an off-white wall but still looked pretty decent although it wasn't that great during the day (a lot of ambient light).

Anyway, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to keep the cost around 400 or less. I will be using 3D but not nearly as much as 2D. Seating is about 10ft away from the wall. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-30-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post

So I'm new to the whole projector scene and have already decided on the BenQ W1070. My problem now is figuring out the most ideal screen for my room. I live in an apartment, fairly spacious but still an apartment. I'm looking for a 120" screen that won't cost too much. I can somewhat control the lighting, I'm putting up blackout curtains in the living area. I've been debating on a few different Elite Screens. From my understanding higher gain means the screen will be brighter. So here are the choices I have:

My buddy has the same projector setup in a different apartment (same complex) as me and he currently has nothing. It projects on an off-white wall but still looked pretty decent although it wasn't that great during the day (a lot of ambient light).

Anyway, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to keep the cost around 400 or less. I will be using 3D but not nearly as much as 2D. Seating is about 10ft away from the wall. Thanks!

Give the AVS guys a call, the can get you a decent screen at the best price
post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post

Given the brightness of the 1070, a 1.8 or 2.0 gain screen might be serious overkill unless there will be a fair amount of ambient light (not sure how blackout your curtain will actually be).

post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went with the Cine White with it's 1.1 gain. The projector will be here tomorrow. The curtains did a good job blocking out a good portion of the light. I was reading a lot of reviews that said the higher gain screens made the picture look off in the corners versus the center and that the 1.1 gave a better distribution of light.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page