First Time Wiring HT system - wiring across room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wondering how feasible it would be to wire my tv and speakers from across the room

The wall on the left would house my tv along with my front/centers. The cabinet on the right side would house my components.

I haven't tried routing wires but thinking maybe I could run through wall down into basement,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm doing something similar in my house: the components will be on one side of the room and the speakers and TV will be on the other. I just moved into the house and haven't had time to set this up yet, as I've been getting my wired network running instead. If you're familiar with running cables, it's not hard to do if you have a basement beneath this room, which you do. It does help to have some specialty tools though, such as a right angle drill and flexible drill bits. I measure everything multiple times and ensure there is nothing in the walls (pipes, etc.) before I drill. Then I cut a hole for the box to be installed, and then drill from there downward (this is where the flexible bit comes in handy) or drill upward through the wall if I can ensure I'm drilling in the correct spot. Again, check before you drill to ensure you're not drilling through anything.

You can get HDMI connectors that fit in a wall plate, which is what I've done. I'll have a distance of over 30 feet for HDMI, but my TV is relatively small and I've used a similar distance before with no problems.

Bob
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page