Anyone Worked With LED Strip Lighting? - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #31 of 35 Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49

I use 2 power supplies with 2 x 5 meters RGB LED strips for each power supply. 20 meters overall. The power supplies are in the tech/projector room. It is dimmable as well and waterproofed. I come from Germany but same here. The offering is just too much! More pictures in my gallery (signature)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-24-2014, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 14
That is awesome! Are those strips one color at a time? I was looking at some sort of addressable setup, but it gets really expensive and complicated if you want individually addressable RGB LEDs.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-24-2014, 10:05 AM

Liked: 49
Thank you! Yes it is always one color at a time. I can set different programs but always one color at a time. Addressable would be nice but just until every friend has seen it. It's too expensive for normal usage.

post #34 of 35 Unread Today, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinityCycle View Post
Hey mods, please move this thread if I'm in the wrong forum, wasn't sure if lighting stuff goes in here or in the "Accessories" forum, or somewhere else.<br>
I am presently an apartment dweller, and my current place has a relatively big family room which I was inspired to transform into a "proper" home theater, with a 120" screen, projector, surround sound, etc. In the past, I used blue rope lighting installed at the wall / ceiling joint all around the perimeter of the room to provide a fairly good subdued lightsource that doesn't detract from viewing and gaming but does give you enough ambient light to see so you can grab your drink and / or some popcorn easily.<br><br>
However, rope light feels so "early 2000s" to me since I started looking into the various LED options that exist.<br><br>
I'm thinking about running a strip of RGB LEDs right above the molding / baseboard all around the perimeter of the home theater, right below my cable channeling. However, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of options that I've found, and not sure how to different crappy stuff from great stuff. Seems like it could be as easy as locating a good channel / diffuser solution. I'll be doing a single 50 foot run. I'm not sure if I actually want to spring for RGB controllable lights as opposed to just white or blue.<br><br>
Anyone here done any DIY work with LED strip lighting?
Hi,

Nowadays, led strip lights are colorful, and can be controlled in different ways, even by smart phone, ipad,and etc. I think you need to check this post out firstly before purchase led strip lights, it is helpful, the post name is: "Utility guide to choose the right led strip lights!" From Gorgeous Lighting Co.,Ltd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gorgeous Lighting Co.,Ltd LED strip lights pic007.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	699410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gorgeous Lighting Co.,Ltd LED strip lights 3528 pic011.JPG
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	699434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gorgeous Lighting Co.,Ltd LED strip lights pic008.JPG
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	699442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gorgeous Lighting Co.,Ltd LED strip lights pic010.JPG
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	699450  
post #35 of 35 Unread Today, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestledlight View Post
Hi,

Nowadays, led strip lights are colorful, and can be controlled in different ways, even by smart phone, ipad,and etc. I think you need to check this post out firstly before purchase led strip lights, it is helpful, the post name is: "Utility guide to choose the right led strip lights!" From Gorgeous Lighting Co.,Ltd.
Utility guide to choose the right led strip lights! www(dot)saving-star(dot)com/utility-guide-to-choose-the-right-led-strip-lights/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page