New Home Build, wandering about screen placement in basement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been reading these forums for the last couple months as we have been progressing on the home building process with the plan of putting a home theater/rec room in the basement so the theater won't be completely closed in style but I would still like to have a 7.1 system with a projection system. I have been toying around with the idea of having a plasma and a projector setup, with the screen coming down when it is time to watch a movie or the big game, or should I bother with this and just go with the projector setup.

The question now is where to put the screen in the room as the architect has put the screen against the widest room, with the back part of that room open, where I am wandering if it would be better against either the shorter flat wall, or pushed out from the half-hex area at the other end of the room where I could then possibly hang the TV in the back part of the nook and also place the center channel and front surrounds on the side of the screen. Also planning on taking the windows out of the nook area as well if I was to put the screen in that area. The other question is if I should put in a 16:9 or 2.35:1 screen

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 258
You could go with a smaller plasma / larger electric screen. The wall shown with the screen on it now probably works as well as any. 16:9 or 2.35:1 sort of depends on what you like to watch the most. Where are you located ( doesn't say under your signature ) ? If possible, if there are AVS forum members near you with home theaters / media rooms, it doesn't hurt to see other peoples setups for ideas. Craig

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page