Opinions on 9.2 setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hi guys.I am currently in the process of making a theater room on my basement, I have the speakers all set to run 7.2 with an Onkyo 818 receiver, I was wondering, should I bother running another set of speaker wires in the wall for 9.2 high or wides before I put drywall up? Do any movies even utilize 9.2 or will I be wasting my time and money? Anybody made a room and then kicked themselves in the ass for not running that extra set of wires? Am I somewhat future proofing myself by having that extra set in the wall "just in case"
If I do run an extra set, do most people prefer highs, or wides when adding the last 2 speakers?
Any opinions, ideas, thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sling

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jautor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,220
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 373
The "extra" channels in excess of 7.1 are filled in by your AVR's algorithms - the content we get today is 5.1 or 7.1 max. Don't know when that will change...

But the answer to your question is - run the wire. It will cost literally a few buck since you'll be buying spools of wire anyway - it might even be "free" if you'd have leftover wire anyway. As to whether you should wire for wides or heights - run both and you won't have to worry about it. You can easily bury the wires (document everything with photos!) and not have to look at blank plates or wires - accessing them if and when you choose to add the channels.

No one here has ever kicked themselves for running too much wire. But there are lines full of folks that didn't run enough... biggrin.gif

Jeff
gr8deadfan and Slingblayde like this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
jautor is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 07-27-2013, 03:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 19,806
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

Do any movies even utilize 9.2 or will I be wasting my time and money?
There are three Blu-ray titles with height and wide channels encoded using DTS Neo:X, which your Onkyo 818 can decode. But that's not the reason to add height speakers.

A 7.1 layout can do a pretty good job of creating a ring of sound around you. Height speakers can turn that 2D ring of sound into more of a 3D bubble sound by including a subtle sense of height.

If you like the results, then all soundtracks can benefit from height extraction, not just the three with encoded height channels.
Slingblayde likes this.

Sanjay
sdurani is offline  
post #4 of 19 Old 07-28-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I think I will run the extra wires, then take a pic of them where they are inside the walls before the drywall goes up like jautor said, that way if I want them, i just cut a hole small enough to fish it out and im all set. Thanks for the input guys smile.gif

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 5,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
If I do run an extra set, do most people prefer highs, or wides when adding the last 2 speakers?
Any opinions, ideas, thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I recently replaced my Denon 4310 with a Denon 4520. Then, since I was replacing my speakers with new Martin Logan Motion series speakers, I decided to try wide speakers ( my theater is rather wide ). They sounded great, using DTS NEO:X. The front soundstage sounded much fuller and better. So, I ordered some Martin Logan Motion 4 wall mountable bookshelfs and installed them as height speakers, since I can't leave well enough alone. Picked up an Emotiva XPA 2 channel amp . It sounds fantastic ! Cloud Atlas, Skyfall, Zero Dark Thirty, Black Hawk Down, Apocolypse Now.

Doesn't really matter to me that it is " matrixed " . My 4310 was set up for 7.1, and it sounded great, even though most everything is only encoded for 5.1. 11.1 sounds like 7.1 on steroids. I had a friend look over during Skyfall and yell " that was awesome ' when a sound effect roared across the entire front soundstage. If you have the right room for it, you might like it too ! smile.gif

Take a look at my theater photos if you want to see my setup.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old 08-01-2013, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

I recently replaced my Denon 4310 with a Denon 4520. Then, since I was replacing my speakers with new Martin Logan Motion series speakers, I decided to try wide speakers ( my theater is rather wide ). They sounded great, using DTS NEO:X. The front soundstage sounded much fuller and better. So, I ordered some Martin Logan Motion 4 wall mountable bookshelfs and installed them as height speakers, since I can't leave well enough alone. Picked up an Emotiva XPA 2 channel amp . It sounds fantastic ! Cloud Atlas, Skyfall, Zero Dark Thirty, Black Hawk Down, Apocolypse Now.

Doesn't really matter to me that it is " matrixed " . My 4310 was set up for 7.1, and it sounded great, even though most everything is only encoded for 5.1. 11.1 sounds like 7.1 on steroids. I had a friend look over during Skyfall and yell " that was awesome ' when a sound effect roared across the entire front soundstage. If you have the right room for it, you might like it too ! smile.gif

Take a look at my theater photos if you want to see my setup.

Very nice theater room you have ;-)

So my Onkyo 818 is natively 7.1, I would need an external amp to run highs and wides correct? I would have to buy something like an XPA-5, use the external amp to power my fronts, center and 2 others, then use the receiver to power the highs and wides? and end up with 11.1 using the NEO:X feature.Im not sure how to hook all that up, Im sure I would be able to figure it out, but Im not quite clear on how to accomplish it. Id have to fire up google or youtube and do some reading or watching.
I also coulda swore I seen rectangular speakers that would sit flush in the ceiling, but were still angled toward the seats, with the end towards the screen flush with the ceiling, and the front towards the seats set deeper into the ceiling giving it an angle inside, but the covers flush to the ceiling still. I know thats a terrible explanation lol, I googled "ceiling mount speakers" and all kinds of variants of that, but I cant find speakers that dont point straight down. Something like this horrible representation I have drawn is what Im looking for. smile.gif


Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 5,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
So my Onkyo 818 is natively 7.1, I would need an external amp to run highs and wides correct?

Actually, you'll need a receiver that can do 9.1 or 11.1 - yours can't. A Denon 4520, Marantz 8801 for 11.2. Or a Marantz 7008 or Denon X4000 for 9.2.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
sdurani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA
Posts: 19,806
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

Quote:
So my Onkyo 818 is natively 7.1, I would need an external amp to run highs and wides correct?
Actually, you'll need a receiver that can do 9.1 or 11.1 - yours can't.
Actually, his can. Page 14 of the manual explains 9.1 playback using an external amp.

http://63.148.251.135/redirect.cfm?type=own_manuals&file=TX-NR818_English.pdf

Sanjay
sdurani is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
DGF
Senior Member
 
DGF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

.....I also coulda swore I seen rectangular speakers that would sit flush in the ceiling, but were still angled toward the seats, with the end towards the screen flush with the ceiling, and the front towards the seats set deeper into the ceiling giving it an angle inside, but the covers flush to the ceiling still. I know thats a terrible explanation lol, I googled "ceiling mount speakers" and all kinds of variants of that, but I cant find speakers that dont point straight down. Something like this horrible representation I have drawn is what Im looking for. smile.gif


I'm not sure which speakers you were specifically thinking about, but Triad makes something similar: http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/icb8lcr.html

...and so do Episode, but they're expensive! http://www.hometheater.com/content/episode-es-ht700-ceiling-speaker-system [....and maybe only available thru authorized installers??]

Kef has a motorized, drop-down speaker range that is interesting, including: http://www.amazon.com/KEF-CI3-80QT-Motorized-In-Ceiling-Speaker/dp/B000F168GO

...and here's a thread from one of our fellow AVS'ers on his DIY attempts: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1131579/in-ceiling-speakers-angle-or-just-keep-them-aiming-straight-down.

Dave
Slingblayde likes this.
DGF is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 08-06-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 5,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Actually, his can. Page 14 of the manual explains 9.1 playback using an external amp.

Oops - I missed that. They sure don't mention that on Onkyo's website in any prominent way. .

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

I'm not sure which speakers you were specifically thinking about, but Triad makes something similar: http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/icb8lcr.html

...and so do Episode, but they're expensive! http://www.hometheater.com/content/episode-es-ht700-ceiling-speaker-system [....and maybe only available thru authorized installers??]

Kef has a motorized, drop-down speaker range that is interesting, including: http://www.amazon.com/KEF-CI3-80QT-Motorized-In-Ceiling-Speaker/dp/B000F168GO

...and here's a thread from one of our fellow AVS'ers on his DIY attempts: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1131579/in-ceiling-speakers-angle-or-just-keep-them-aiming-straight-down.

Dave

Thanks for the links smile.gif

The Triads are nice, but a lot of cash just for a ceiling speaker, and extremely hard to find used ones online, they are exactly what I had in mind to put up in the ceiling, but man, they are more expensive each than the pair of front speakers I have.
Those Episodes are WAY out of the price range I wanted to spend lol.

I wonder if I can craft up something with a normal round ceiling speaker like the guy did in the DIY link you posted. My neighbor has a table saw and is really good with that stuff, he could probably make me an angled box to mount the round speaker in, then I just make a grill.

Theres a guy locally with a set of 5 Speakercraft inwall speakers, 4 - MT8 Ones, and one LCR 1 for 250 bucks, I wonder If I should give him a holler and see if he still has them.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 PM
DGF
Senior Member
 
DGF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

Thanks for the links smile.gif

....at least you might get some keywords to search for other alternatives.....or to get some design ideas to share with your neighbor with the table saw... smile.gif

If you have the clearance, the DIY route would be pretty simple - the drivers are all still mounted in the same plane on a single baffle, and you don't have to get fancy to angle this appropriately - similar to your diagram, but without the rear enclosure around the speaker(s). Make sure the front face is airtight and you'll have a sup'ed-up inwall setup because of the greater than normal volume behind the baffle.
DGF is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 08-07-2013, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

....at least you might get some keywords to search for other alternatives.....or to get some design ideas to share with your neighbor with the table saw... smile.gif

If you have the clearance, the DIY route would be pretty simple - the drivers are all still mounted in the same plane on a single baffle, and you don't have to get fancy to angle this appropriately - similar to your diagram, but without the rear enclosure around the speaker(s). Make sure the front face is airtight and you'll have a sup'ed-up inwall setup because of the greater than normal volume behind the baffle.

I wouldnt have to figure out the proper volume for the case behind the speaker? that was kind of why I wanted to go with a premade unit, I thought it was sealed behind the speaker. I messaged the guy about the Speakercrafts, hopefully he replies. They are used, but thats ok as long as they werent abused.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
DGF
Senior Member
 
DGF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
There are two types of in-wall/ceiling designs - one does use a fully sealed enclosure (along the lines of a conventional, free-standing speaker), but the other approach is to have a completely open 'back' that relies on the actual wall cavity to act as the enclosure - the latter type is more common. One of the limitations of an in-wall or in-ceiling speaker is that they are frequently installed in the 4" gap created by a 2x4 - if you use an open-back design with the volume you appear to have, it will enhance the sound quality to some degree - like a pseudo "infinite baffle" design. Of course, just putting in a regular enclosed speaker box at an angle would be pretty easy to do!
DGF is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

There are two types of in-wall/ceiling designs - one does use a fully sealed enclosure (along the lines of a conventional, free-standing speaker), but the other approach is to have a completely open 'back' that relies on the actual wall cavity to act as the enclosure - the latter type is more common. One of the limitations of an in-wall or in-ceiling speaker is that they are frequently installed in the 4" gap created by a 2x4 - if you use an open-back design with the volume you appear to have, it will enhance the sound quality to some degree - like a pseudo "infinite baffle" design. Of course, just putting in a regular enclosed speaker box at an angle would be pretty easy to do!

I plan to stuff the walls and ceiling with Roxul Safe-n-Sound to help with sound deadening, will that bugger up the pseudo case effect of having the back of the speaker open? I'm not going to be getting crazy with the fancy drywall and green glue to help muffle the sound as I live alone, and I dont have to worry about waking the house up, Im just worried about blasting the neighbors so I will be stuffing every available space with Roxul. I talked to the guy today, going to go look at those Speakercraft speakers on Saturday, hopefully they are in good shape. If I could find some mini8 triads used I would buy those.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old 08-11-2013, 11:04 AM
DGF
Senior Member
 
DGF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'd probably stuff the space with Roxul - I think the sound-proofing benefits will outweigh the possible reduction of fidelity.

Did the Speakercraft hunt prove fruitful?....or are you going to hold out for some Triads?
DGF is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old 08-11-2013, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

I'd probably stuff the space with Roxul - I think the sound-proofing benefits will outweigh the possible reduction of fidelity.

Did the Speakercraft hunt prove fruitful?....or are you going to hold out for some Triads?

I went to visit the guy with the speakercraft this evening, he still has them, I would definitely prefer the Triads, but I dont want to spend 600 bucks each on ceiling speakers. I dont want crap either, but 600 or more is a little much, id rather spend the extra cash on other items for the room.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old 08-11-2013, 07:39 PM
DGF
Senior Member
 
DGF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
There are lots of threads in the AVS Speaker forum that discuss the merits of various in-wall/in-ceiling models. What you don't want are crappy speakers - you can spend a fortune on sources, processors, amps and wiring, but you'll always have crappy sound. If you're on a tight budget and buying new, MonoPrice usually gets a solid thumbs-up for having great bang-for-the-buck products, or diligent checking of eBay, Craigslist, etc. can yield some real bargains with used equipment. I have several pairs of B & W in-ceiling speakers in secondary rooms, and they are just wonderful - I see similar models come up fairly frequently on eBay; you just need to know what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay.
DGF is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

There are lots of threads in the AVS Speaker forum that discuss the merits of various in-wall/in-ceiling models. What you don't want are crappy speakers - you can spend a fortune on sources, processors, amps and wiring, but you'll always have crappy sound. If you're on a tight budget and buying new, MonoPrice usually gets a solid thumbs-up for having great bang-for-the-buck products, or diligent checking of eBay, Craigslist, etc. can yield some real bargains with used equipment. I have several pairs of B & W in-ceiling speakers in secondary rooms, and they are just wonderful - I see similar models come up fairly frequently on eBay; you just need to know what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay.

I bought the set of 5 Speakercrafts, more than I need, but I guess I can use them somewhere, I only really needed 2, maybe 4, but the center channel came with it. Still way cheaper than even 1 Triad. I would like to have just kept an eye on the sales on Kijiji, Craigslist and Ebay, but I need to get a wiggle on finishing this room, been at it forever. I need it to be done for the Christmas holidays.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Marantz Av8801 , Marantz Sr7008 , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off