Paint speakers? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My media room walls are dark blue. My inwall Klipsch speakers that will be installed tomorrow are white. I was thinking of painting the sides of the speaker that will be seen on the wall with same dark blue paint used for walls. The screen that covers the speaker is white to to but Im reluctant to paint it. Any suggestions? Would a spray paint work better then typical wall paint?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I painted our wall speakers the same time I painted the room. What I did was use a roller and roll almost ALL the paint off the roller onto the wall - to the point where almost no paint is coming off the roller at all. Then I laid out the speaker grills on some newspaper and gave them a couple of coats with the near-empty roller. Worked like a charm. I let them dry for a few hours and they matched the walls perfectly. For the trim rings on the speakers themselves, I just used a small paintbrush, also with almost no paint left on it. For me, one of the biggest benefits of in-wall speakers is getting to paint the grills to match!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would be happy with any dark shade of blue. Since any dark color would cause the speakers to blend into the background better then white.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page