Flat panel install on a exterior block wall - AVS Forum
General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms > Flat panel install on a exterior block wall
Tom Grooms's Avatar Tom Grooms 07:19 AM 08-03-2013
Exterior concrete block wall > 3/4" furring strip > drywall.

Hanging a flat panel and need to figure out a solution to hide the power cord. Don't have the space behind the drywall for a traditional power bridge. Any chance on finding a slim or semi surface mount solution? I wish there was an inwall rated power cord. That would very easy. :-)

So besides breaking away the concrete block to make room or leaving the cord hang down the wall. What else can I do?

I wonder how much work it is to chip away at the block. What tools do you use for that?

Thanks guys, just looking for an easy way...

jautor's Avatar jautor 08:47 AM 08-03-2013
Arlington Low-profile TV box:

http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/communications/low-profile-tv-box-and-kits/

Use our TVL508 for retrofit installations when using furring strips on concrete block walls, or use between studs as small as a 2" x 2".

Jeff
Tom Grooms's Avatar Tom Grooms 09:48 AM 08-03-2013
Perfect! Thanks!
Tom Grooms's Avatar Tom Grooms 02:05 PM 09-11-2013
OK, that thing worked great except I bought everyone that Amazon had available (12) and my local electrical distributors cant get them for a week.

Anything else similar that I can get my hands on in a few days. I need two immediately.
Neurorad's Avatar Neurorad 01:47 PM 09-12-2013
Arlington may be able to tell you where to find them locally, in stock.

Did you try both these local places?

Metra Associates Inc.
1020 Newport Center Dr. West
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
1-800-329-5555

Southeast Security Products
1387 South Andrews Ave
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
1-954-786-5900

Most national distributors and resellers could overnight whatever you need, e.g. HomeTech, Worthington Distribution, Sears, HomeControls, DiscountHomeAutomation, SnapAV, Markertek...hundreds of distributors and resellers carry Arlington.
Tom Grooms's Avatar Tom Grooms 07:17 PM 09-15-2013
Thanks, I called Arlington and they got me in touch with a distributor that shares a parking lot with there facility. I ordered a dozen and they shipped them out same day. I'm set.

Still can't believe they (Arlington) are the only game in town.
Neurorad's Avatar Neurorad 07:56 AM 09-16-2013
That's a fairly new product, from Arlington. Thomas & Betts (Carlon), Leviton, and Pass and Seymour (Legrand) haven't had a chance to copy it yet.
Up
Mobile  Desktop