Hey everyone. I guess you can call me a Newbie at putting together a home theatre. I been doing lots of research in the last 2-3 months in all the normal places, Amazon, BestBuy, google etc. but have never actually put everything together before. this will be my first time and im not 100% sure on how the details go, so hopefully i can get some help here with some of the more familiar guys. these are the best finds I made and I just want to make sure im doing it right. I have about a 550 Sq. Ft. room I want to convert into a Home theatre room. its on the 2nd floor and has 3 walls as it connects into the main hallway.
Heres what I got on my shopping list:
Polk Blackstone TL1900
135" screen (Elite screens)
some speaker holders
Im planning to use my PC and PS3 to play the movies
Heres what im planning to do:
1) Hook up the Projector on the ceiling
2) run a HDMI line from my PS3, PC into the Projector
3) install the 2 satellite speakers and center speaker in the front and 2 satellites in the rear.
4) hook up HDMI cable from the projector to the Receiver for Audio. do I need to use a HDMI cable for audio or do I use a regular audio cable instead?
5) for the Polk Blackstone TL1900, do I need a Receiver? and do I use speaker wire to connect from the Receiver to the speakers?
Whats the best way to run the audio from the projector to the receiver, then receiver to speakers?
Thanks so much everyone. looking forward to some advise and a good layout so I can finally get everything and set it all up!