Did LOTS of research for the last 2 months and im about to pull the trigger on the whole home theatre system. am i doing it right? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-03-2013, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone. I guess you can call me a Newbie at putting together a home theatre. I been doing lots of research in the last 2-3 months in all the normal places, Amazon, BestBuy, google etc. but have never actually put everything together before. this will be my first time and im not 100% sure on how the details go, so hopefully i can get some help here with some of the more familiar guys. these are the best finds I made and I just want to make sure im doing it right. I have about a 550 Sq. Ft. room I want to convert into a Home theatre room. its on the 2nd floor and has 3 walls as it connects into the main hallway.

Heres what I got on my shopping list:

Optoma HD25e
Polk Blackstone TL1900
135" screen (Elite screens)
Yamaha receiver
some speaker holders

Im planning to use my PC and PS3 to play the movies

Heres what im planning to do:

1) Hook up the Projector on the ceiling
2) run a HDMI line from my PS3, PC into the Projector
3) install the 2 satellite speakers and center speaker in the front and 2 satellites in the rear.
4) hook up HDMI cable from the projector to the Receiver for Audio. do I need to use a HDMI cable for audio or do I use a regular audio cable instead?
5) for the Polk Blackstone TL1900, do I need a Receiver? and do I use speaker wire to connect from the Receiver to the speakers?

Whats the best way to run the audio from the projector to the receiver, then receiver to speakers?

Thanks so much everyone. looking forward to some advise and a good layout so I can finally get everything and set it all up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 30
The projector should be the output of your receiver. The PS3 and PC will be connected to the receiver inputs. Use hdmi for these inputs and outputs. Your speaker system (yes it needs a receiver) is connected to your receiver using speaker wire. I don't know what receiver you have but make sure it does 3d, otherwise replace it. Setup this way, audio is available to all your hdmi inputs.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks so much Sonyad! I got a Sony 3D Bluray receiver with it. Does the kind of speaker wore make a difference? I see 14 and 16 gauge.

I think the hardest part now would be to hide all the wires.

One potential problem I see:

The screen will be put off centered on the wall, and the projector will be installed in the center of the ceiling. I'm going to have to shoot the screen in a bit of an angle. Does the projector have to shoot at the screen directly straight on or can it be in a slight angle? Probably only about 20degree or less of an angle. Would it throw off the picture?

Thanks so much!
post #4 of 4 Old 08-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Either gauge should be fine.

The Optoma does not have lens shift, and you can't project at an angle. You'll have to move that mount.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Optoma Hd25e 2800 Ansi Lumens 3d Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page