Bonus room thoughts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all! Its been a LONG time since I posted. I am having a house built and am curious what a good layout would be for the bonus room. I would like to go back to using a projector, but want to keep the room functional for the kids, having friends over, etc. I plan on building a bar at some point and am curious what your suggestions might be. Sometime in Nov or so I will have to run conduit for HMDI, etc. Any thoughts on decent positioning for a PJ that would leave room to add a bar and furniture? I understand Im not providing much info, but I am just starting to think about this. A screen shot of the bonus room from the construction drawings is attached. Thanks!

Quinn Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 1.10.54 PM.png 380k .png file
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 1.10.54 PM.png (380.4 KB, 35 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Are you planning to have the glass slider doors in this room? If so, you probably do not want a projector, since you would have to cover the doors to get the room dark enough for a projector.

The drawing you posted shows a room of 21 feet by 15 feet. Do you want to put the bar in this room? If so, how big is the bar going to be (at a minimum, how many people do you want to be able to sit in a bar at the same time)? What else do you want in the room? How much seating do you need for watching movies/video?

Chris

"It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they are big enough, the pain only lasts a second."
--Despair, Inc. "Regret"

My AviaTrix TM Build
post #3 of 3 Old 08-26-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post

Are you planning to have the glass slider doors in this room? If so, you probably do not want a projector, since you would have to cover the doors to get the room dark enough for a projector.

The drawing you posted shows a room of 21 feet by 15 feet. Do you want to put the bar in this room? If so, how big is the bar going to be (at a minimum, how many people do you want to be able to sit in a bar at the same time)? What else do you want in the room? How much seating do you need for watching movies/video?

Im thinking of building the bar in the gable bump out. Its about 8x5 if memory serves. Just have it come out from the wall so you can stand behind it in the bump out. Perhaps 5 ft long. AS for glass sliders, I don't think there are any. Just two windows that I will add blinds too so it will be somewhat light controlled...to an extent.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page