Wanting to change the look - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the towers and center speakers, looking to do something different thought I could get some ideas here.. This pic is taken from eye level where I sit, tv look ok (up/down some) and in not sure about the tv stand now that I put the tv in the wall and don't have my speakers on it anymore. Without the pic above the tv it looks kinda plain I've seen some add the lights behind the tv??
Old look

New look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-17-2013, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

No ideas??
post #3 of 9 Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 AM

Liked: 100
I would raise your center speaker so the tweeter is closer to your tower's speaker's tweeter level.
Or maybe lower your TV a bit and put a long horizontal acoustic panel above/across the top of that wall.
You might consider bringing the towers out from the wall a few more inches and applying an acoustic panel on the wall behind each which would improve your some a bit.

Otherwise, given the location of everything you need to fit there, it appears your options are limited by the minimal wall space/width available.

The Insane Pink Care Bear's Home Theater Set Up:

Marantz AV 8801 Processor, Emotiva XPR-5 Amplifier, Panasonic 65" ST30 Plasma, Yamaha BD-S2900 Blu-ray, Yamaha CDC-697 CD Player, Yamaha TT-500U Turntable, w/Signet TK5e, JBL ES100 Fronts, JBL LC2 Center, JBL ES30 Surrounds & 2 JBL ES250P Subwoofers
post #4 of 9 Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know how I would raise it up, I have something under it now so the fronts tilted up a tad.
What do the panels look like, something that sticks out and everyone will notice?

I was thinking maybe getting a tower type stand for everything instead of using a tv stand... Not sure about that idea yet.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 93
If you are able to run wires inside that wall (from the attic?), you could clean up the install a bit by placing the equipment in a cabinet on the side or back of the room. Place the center speaker on a floating shelf that matches the color of the towers.

What is your seating distance? Would you still be close to an equilateral triangle if you located the towers on the opposite side of each doorway, with a slight toe-in towards the listening position? I'm guessing your soundstage is a little compressed right now because you are forced to keep the towers between the doors. You might try and see what they sound like on the opposite side of each doorway.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

If you are able to run wires inside that wall (from the attic?), you could clean up the install a bit by placing the equipment in a cabinet on the side or back of the room. Place the center speaker on a floating shelf that matches the color of the towers.

What is your seating distance? Would you still be close to an equilateral triangle if you located the towers on the opposite side of each doorway, with a slight toe-in towards the listening position? I'm guessing your soundstage is a little compressed right now because you are forced to keep the towers between the doors. You might try and see what they sound like on the opposite side of each doorway.

It's a apartment so no ruining wires in the wall, and that's the kitchen on the left and the hallway to the bedroom on the right.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-18-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Think the tv should be raised?
post #8 of 9 Old 08-23-2013, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Any ideas? I have about 15 blu rays now and need a place to put them.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Still open for some ideas..
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page