Need some advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I am new here. I used to hang out on the Sound & Vision forum but hadn't been on there in a while and HOLY CRAP!!!! What happened there? It's a proverbial wasteland. Anyway, I'm looking for some advice for the next stage of my home theater.

I have a Pioneer Kuro PDP5080-HD, Onkyo TX-SR508, Klipsch Quintet SL and Klipsch Sub-12, Sony BDP-S790. I recently upgraded the Kuro to a Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 and was looking to upgrade the speakers as well and need some suggestions on surrounds and a receiver.

Ideally, I would like to do a 7.1 setup. I am going to get B&W CM9s for the front & B&W CMC2 for the center. For the surrounds I am going to need in-ceiling speakers because of how my room is set up and again would prefer to go B&W. I've been looking at the CCM7.3 and the CCM 818 but wasn't sure if that would be overkill for surrounds.

As for the receiver, I like my Onkyo and was looking at the Onkyo TXNR5010 or the Denon AVR-4520CI. I have a 2nd job at Best Buy that nets me a discount on both but if I go through the manufacturer I can get a much better deal on the Denon than the Onkyo. I am leaning towards the Onkyo based off a terrible experience with Denon's customer service on an AVR 1908 that broke before I bought the Onkyo that I now have.

I am open to any suggestions and input that you might have to offer as I am less knowledgeable on speakers and powering them. I would consider any of the other brands that Magnolia carries for the receiver such as Pioneer or Marantz. Also once I get the towers for the fronts it is going to seriously limit my ability to place a sub-woofer so I hadn't really even thought about a sub at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-22-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Really? Nothing? I figured that I gave as much useful info as possible. I am just not so familiar with powering towers and adding surrounds. I would really appreciate any help or info that I could get.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
You should ask at the speakers and receivers forum,they will help you greatly.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome! Thanks so much, I will try that out.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page