Need help redoing home theater. Need suggestions on speaker setup/placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
]Been thinking of doing the main listening room in my condo for some time now. Ok here are dimensions, 9ft ceilings. 16ft long. Room is 12.5ft week up till the wall by my main couch (only couch) and that leads into the dining room. Pics are attached for help. My current listening position is about 11ft away and mostly watch everything off center from the part of the couch that's longer (and more comfortable)

My current gear

59" Samsung Plasma

Klipsch RF 82 ii's

Klipsch Rc 62 ii

Klipsch RS 52 ii's

Klipsch RB 51 ii's for Heights

Emotiva xpa-5 for fronts, center and rears

Onkyo 3008 receiver

SVS sb12-nsd dual subs.

So I'm looking for thoughts on this current set up and what I can do differently. It doesn't sound the way I think it should. Something just feels missing. One idea I had was to shift tv and everything over about 2 ft so that I may spread the speakers out a bit and angle them a tad. Also, thought of buying SVS Ultra bookshelfs and sticking them in the corners of the couch for surrounds as right now I feel like I'm missing on the surrounds a lot givin the set up of the room.

I'm just looking for help. You guys are the experts. Please help me out with suggestions and reasons for those suggestions. If there is any more information you need, post here and I'll respond. Also, this is a set up for movies only. No music. Thanks again. 20130905_142522.jpg 2142k .jpg file

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130905_142522.jpg (2.09 MB, 4 views)
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page