My first build 'low budget' - completed - AVS Forum
General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms > My first build 'low budget' - completed
vivithemage's Avatar vivithemage 02:09 PM 09-06-2013
You guys helped me a bit when building this out, thought i'd show ya'll the finished project ... I finished this a few months ago, so it's well broken in now.

Technical stuff + costs:

couches about $1600 from local furniture store
SUB:
1x Klipsch Reference RW-12d
FRONTS:
2x Polk Audio New Monitor 65T
REARS:
2x Polk Audio New Monitor 35B
CENTER:
1x Polk Audio New Monitor 15C
$790 for the audio equipment
MISC cables (sub cable, tweeter cables, shrouds/covers - $50 or so
Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1
$154
PROJECTOR:
BenQ w710st
$599

$1593 for all of the hardware, speakers, projector, and $3193 if you factor in the couche(s).

I love the sub, kicks real hard and deep. The audio is just great, love every minute of it. I am used to my 1BR condo where I could only have TV speakers. Another thing I love is being able to watch everything on a 8 foot wide projected screen. It is huge coming from my 60" plasma, and I thought that was huge.

Surprisingly I do not have a screen, the yellow wall actually looks great when throwing the image. The ONLY thing i'd like to do is drill a hole and route those projector cables a little better, but for now they work a-ok.

Here's some pics!

vivithemage's Avatar vivithemage 08:25 PM 09-10-2013
no comments, I am sad! haha
NickTheGreat's Avatar NickTheGreat 10:10 AM 09-11-2013
I like it. And the important thing is that YOU do.

I'd probably tidy up the wiring a bit, but nothing wrong with having a cheap system like that. And you always could update it later, as you go along. Better speakers, screen, etc. smile.gif
neverfinished94's Avatar neverfinished94 02:33 PM 09-11-2013
nice job considering the budget. I have a budget theater as well.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1479528/neverfinisheds-neverfinished-theater#post_23724640
billybobg's Avatar billybobg 03:42 PM 09-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivithemage View Post

Surprisingly I do not have a screen, the yellow wall actually looks great when throwing the image. The ONLY thing i'd like to do is drill a hole and route those projector cables a little better, but for now they work a-ok.

I recommend that you look at the DIY Screen Section. You can make an excellent screen for about $300. It will make a difference. When I first turned on my projector I had dark brown walls and thought the pic was decent, but a screen will greatly improve your viewing.
Up
Mobile  Desktop