Center Speaker Placement? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently moved and my original idea for my center speaker placement didn't work out (buy a new media stand that fit the center speaker) so I'm looking for some advice.

As the picture shows, I have my setup along the wall with the closet and I temporarily have my center speaker set back in it above the TV and angled down. As expected, it seems to effect the sound and create an echo as I'm sure the sound 'bounces' around the closet. With that, my thought is to get a stand/shelving unit that allows the speaker to sit above the TV and not be set back in the closet (level with the opening) and then run a curtain of acoustically transparent fabric to cover that entire wall. Does anyone see any potential issues with that or have an alternative suggestion? Sorry in advance for the poor iphone picture!

"There is little pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
h769CSB1210-o_ontv.jpeg

That one is from Crutchfield.

I think that's all you need, unless you're trying to hide the closet.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 5 Old 09-20-2013, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestion.

I took a look at that and am not sure it would support my center speaker, which is an Infinity Beta C360 that is too deep and heavy for the shelf. (11.75" D and 34.5 #s)

And yes, my goal is to eventually have the closet hidden behind a curtain. Ugh, it would be much easier to buy a standard curtain if I didn't have to have my center speaker behind it.

"There is little pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."
post #4 of 5 Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Mount a shelf on an arm to the wall? Mount to the TB support/bracket instead of to the TV? I can't quite see how your current setup is from the photo.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-28-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
You could use a wall-mount articulating arm to hold the center channel speaker, with the arm sticking through the midway curtain gap.

If you can't find a mount designed for a speaker, use a small TV mount.

There is some space behind the TV - you could build a tall wood shelf that fits behind the TV.

Or, you could hang the TV on the wall, with an articulating mount. Center speaker then hangs below the TV, attached to the TV mount.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms