Premis:I have little or none knowledge in Electrical power and although I have been reading up on it I still can't come to a simple solution/answer.
I will be getting a 7kW to 8kW prtable generator and having a manual transfer switch installed in the next couple of weeks, max budget $2.500 all in (including installation fee). Obviously not in the cards: a whole house automatic generator, nor a top end Honda protable generator wth inverter technology
Amongst the various things like furnace, appliances and lights to juice up I'd like to be able to safely turn on the HT and the internet.
Is there a "poor man's" solution to stablizing/cleaning/conditioning (whatever the term) the power out of the generator >> transfer switch >> wall sockets > into > ?? >> to power surge protector >> to HT components?
What is the general experience with just plugging in the HT components without any type of buffer?
I sort of don't care about the Modem, Oppo, TiVo, kids Nintendo or the house cat. BUT whould be very upset to damage my precious D-Nice calibrated 500M.
Thoughts, suggestions? Thank you.
ps am thinking Generac XG8000E w/Reliance transfer switch btw.