room size on going with a projector vs wall mount tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am recently single so I can make my own choices now lol, but I bought a house large enough for the things I love. I have a room empty that I was all excited about but realize it's not as large as I thought.. it's about 24'6" long but half is only 9'10" wide and it opens another 3 feet for the other half. The skinnier area is where I planned on putting a decent sized screen.but a 7 ft screen and 2speakers would cover the whole front wall. Would that seem ok? I could get a 70inch tv but that isn't really the movie experience I'm looking for. I could live with 80" but prices start cranking up. With the longer room I almost need three rows of loveseat sized seats so a bigger screen is needed.I could maybe do two.but then seems like empty space in a 24 foot room.. any ideas or tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
big arse acoustically transparent screen with the speakers in the recessed area. c'mon....... man up

underachiever extraordinaire
post #3 of 3 Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That would help me get as big of a screen possible. I need to look at the room again. I'm only home on weekends.that's one reason I wanna do this right. If I can't make it work I have the rest of my basement..maybe 24'x40' but it is used as an apartment now.has a kitchen and stuff. Would be nice to use that as a bar/game area with a pool table.so hoping the 9'9" width can work
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page