HELP! Epson 8700ub forces Tivo S3HD to 480p. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi! I hope this is the right place for this post. If not, I hope the forum moderators will move it.

I'm having an issue and need suggestions on what might fix it.  Let me briefly describe my setup.  I have:

Denon AVS-587 (no HDMI switching)

Tivo Series 3 HD

Monoprice 4x2 HDMI switch  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2

Samsung BlueRay

Monoprice HD10baseT extender  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011012&p_id=8122&seq=1&format=2

I didn't have a problem with my old setup, then I upgraded my receiver to a Yamaha RX-Z11. This nullified the Denon and the 4x2.  And now I have a problem.

HERE's the issue.  The Tivo is set to output at 1080i Fixed. When I turn on the Yamaha, the Tivo output remains set.  When I power on the projector the Tivo changes its output to 480p.  If I change the Tivo back to 1080i it stays, I can change channels, etc with no problems.  If I change away from and then back to HDMI1 on the projector and the same problem occurs.

Logically it seems I'm having a handshake issue. It seems the Tivo is polling the projector for EDID and is returned a 480p. I checked the receiver to see if its modifying the HDMI sources. HDMI processing is turned off.  Analog source conversion is on.

What can I do to further test the problem.  Has anyone else had this problem or one similar?

On an unrelated note, have a few other questions.

1.  I have Yamaha's Receiver Manager Software for the Z11 v1.0.0.10. Is there a more current version that somebody would be willing to share?

2.  What sound modes does everyone like and for which source?  I currently have everything set to "Surround Decode".  This gives me the original sound profile the media was recorded in.  Are there others people like?

3.  What else should I play with on my new Z11?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinterton View Post

What can I do to further test the problem?

Describe the setup as it is NOW. What else is connected and why is that matrix switch in the mix? Is there another display? That may be the cause...

First thing you need to do is isolate the problem. Connect the TiVo directly to the projector without anything else in the chain (except perhaps the HDBaseT extender if you need that to get the connection). See what happens there. Also, take the TiVo off of 1080i fixed, let it do 'automatic' and see what it comes up with.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry, the setup now is:

TiVo -> Z11 -> HDbaseT -> Projector

The matrix was part of the old system. Sorry I probably should have left the old system out of the equation.

As soon as the football game is done, I'll try those isolation techniques. I may have an HDMI cable long enough too. 25' should be long enough.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page