My Home Theater Room aka My Man Cave - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have always been into audio sounds. My first audio video receiver was the Panasonic SA- XR25 hooked up with the Bose Lifestyle Acoustimass 6 Series I speakers. At the time, I didn’t know much about speakers. But I do know Bose speakers were overpriced. Not the best money can buy. You are buying the brand and nothing else. I would never recommend anyone buying Bose speakers. So after 16 years, I finally got some real speakers. Well after I purchased my first home.

Once I got the go ahead to setup a home theater room in our new basement. I was ready for some upgrade. But because I didn’t have a huge budget after spending all our money on this house. I had to get something inexpensive, but yet sounds awesome. Because I was able to get back $400 on the Bose speakers, Bose Wireless Link, a Sony Center speaker and $100 on the receiver. I was able to up my budget a little more.

I really wanted to setup a 7.1 surround sound in the room. But the layout and where the television was placed, 5.1 surround was just a better choice. Plus I rather have an awesome 5.1 surround then bad or ok 7.1 surround.

We have decided that there will be no television upstairs in the living room. I love watching TV. And so does my 5 year old boy, Dylan. By having a TV room, it would be a treat for him to watch TV. Plus when guests come visit, it is much easier to chat in the living room without the TV or sounds running in the background. Currently, I am still using my 5 years old 42″ LCD from Sharp. But if I were to upgrade, I think it will be a projector. I got pretty lucky with the purchased price on these speakers and the receiver.

What are my equipments?

Television: Sharp Aquos LC42D62U
Receiver: Denon AVR-1913
Front L/R Speakers: Pioneer SP-FS52
Center Speaker: Pioneer SP-C22
Side Surrounds: Pioneer SP-BS22
Subwoofer: Sony SAWM500

TVPad M120 <— so i can watch my Chinese TV Series from TVB in Hong Kong.
Roku 2XS
Directv
Media Center (HTPC)
Sony BDPS5100 Blu-ray Player
Wii Game Console
Harmony One Remote

My Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 90
very nice,

I wish had the effort to set up a HTPC!
johnlo likes this.

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #3 of 5 Old 10-19-2013, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

very nice,

I wish had the effort to set up a HTPC!

Thank you. I always wanted a room like this or similar. But because I was renting, living in an apartment. I didnt want to waste money and time doing something I need to take apart. But now that we purchased a home.. and wife said that's what I wanted.. so i went for it. of course not having that much money, i was only able to get what I can afford. so far i like it a lot. only room that is done since we moved in mid june this year. lol my next purchase most likely will be a projector. need to start researching.. dont know anything about them.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Ok, you have the room in place. Now the little voice saying"projector, projector, projector" is never going to stop. Nice simple setup.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-22-2013, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon View Post

Ok, you have the room in place. Now the little voice saying"projector, projector, projector" is never going to stop. Nice simple setup.

it started already. lol been researching what a projector is. LOL!!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page