Help with Mounting TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Can anyone tell me if they have heard of or has any experience with the MantleMount?

http://www.mantlemount.com/

This is a height adjusting TV mount it is $199  and by the looks of the video seems perfect.  We are new to all this and are currently building a fireplace (see pictures)  We are ready to install the mount prior to installing the stone.  We are assuming that is the best way to go, in case the stone comes loose or something (we are amatuers) No way we can afford the more costly mounts.  So if anyone can shed some light we would be greatly appreciative!  Thanks again!  I cant seem to attach the picture upright, sorry, But I think you can get the idea.

Mariea

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 78
How far back are you sitting? A lot of us have TV's above the fireplace with no problems. I personally prefer it to staring at one sitting slightly above the floor.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 107
When considering mounting you need to keep a couple of things in mind.
First as Nick Said the distance from the TV is important for a couple of reasons.
First off is the angle of view. Most LCDs shift color when you are anything but dead on eye level center of screen. Second is if you wear progress lenses, to low and you have to tilt your head down to see.
That said, I think that mount looks very nice for the money and I think I would try it if it were me.
Good luck!
post #4 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I am not found of the above the fire place or any place that makes me look up from the main seating. I like to have the screen about eye center so we have sets at several deferent elevations in our home, and also use tilting mounts were need.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thank you all for your comments.   I really appreciate it!   As for the distance, it will be 10ft+.  So I think that essentially it would be ok with out the height adjustment. but the price on the mount seems so reasonable compared to other height adjusting mounts.  Makes me feel like I cant go wrong by getting it..   I dont know...   We have not yet purchased a TV, we will be getting a 55" TV when we are ready.  Airscapes mentioned the LCD screen color shifting if you are not looking dead on...   ANy suggestions on what the best way to go is?  We definetely are on a budget but at the same time want to do it right as well.    Again I thank you all for all your advise and comments!

Mariea

post #6 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariea View Post

Thank you all for your comments.   I really appreciate it!   As for the distance, it will be 10ft+.  So I think that essentially it would be ok with out the height adjustment. but the price on the mount seems so reasonable compared to other height adjusting mounts.  Makes me feel like I cant go wrong by getting it..   I dont know...   We have not yet purchased a TV, we will be getting a 55" TV when we are ready.  Airscapes mentioned the LCD screen color shifting if you are not looking dead on...   ANy suggestions on what the best way to go is?  We definetely are on a budget but at the same time want to do it right as well.    Again I thank you all for all your advise and comments!

Mariea

You can not do much about the color shift, it is just they way LCDs work. Plasma does not have that issue but it has other issues such as weight, heat, lower light output (bad in sunny rooms) as well as screen burn in. The fact that mount tilts and swivels reduces the issue compared to a static mount over the fireplace..
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page