Recommendation requested on a new home theater config. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello All,

I am new to the home theater configuration. But I like appreciating & listening to good quality music and sound.

That being said, I am now planning of investing in a new home theater configuration. I have done my fair share of research and now I need a good sounding board to help me buy the equipment. My usage will be 40% movies - 40% Music - 20% games from my PS3.

Room I hope to put it will be: carpeted, with two dry walls (on either side is my HDTV & my couch), one glass wall and the other side an extended space leading to my kitchen. Size of the space is about 17feet by 13 feet. 

Currently I am looking at an option of:

1. Speakers: Definitive Technology BP-8060ST - CS-8040HD - SR-8040BP 5.1 System

2. A/V: Yamaha RX-A830 or a Yamaha RX-A1030

My total budget is about $3k, give or take a 100$.

What do you think of this configuration, comments & feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Alex.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 PM

Hello Relax01,

Here's my take on it, I haven't used

1. Speakers: Definitive Technology- CS-8040HD - SR-8040BP 5.1 System

So I cant tell you which is better that the other from that stand point. But I did recently purchase a HiFi home theater system here  and I LOVE them. I use these all them mainly for surround sound, They blow me away using my blu ray player as well and other streaming devices as well. I can sync different devices on and off them very easily all at one time, so even if I'm not watch a movie or TV I can switch between my laptop, or phone devices very easily with just pretty much the touch of a button. (its an app you install on your devices). And since theyre wireless or HiFi (HD wirless sound) I can move them arounf freely @ will . They alsowhich I sometimes do.. They also have been  great for my ,music and my sons games (when I let him use it lol!) They ran me about 2.5K for about 6 speakers(including the sub). Again words can not express how GOOD they sound you have to listen for yourself. So I recommend you @ least give them a look.For me its been a really great addition to the house overall and I thought I was just buying surround sound but it actually has been SO MUCH more. I love my speakers, wouldn't trade them!!

I hope this helps you somehow,

-Karen

post #3 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 12:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I've heard good things about the A-1000 Yamaha line, not used it myself.

You may want some very heavy drapes over those windows to tame audio reflection.
Relax01 likes this.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon View Post

I've heard good things about the A-1000 Yamaha line, not used it myself.

You may want some very heavy drapes over those windows to tame audio reflection.

Thanks lespurgeon for the comment on the A1000s. Yes, I have heard good reviews of them as well but I am not able to decide between the Yamaha 1030's, Denon X4000s & the Pioneer Elite SC71s. Any comments on the other two receivers? 

post #5 of 5 Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen87 View Post

Hello Relax01,

Here's my take on it, I haven't used

1. Speakers: Definitive Technology- CS-8040HD - SR-8040BP 5.1 System

So I cant tell you which is better that the other from that stand point. But I did recently purchase a HiFi home theater system here  and I LOVE them. I use these all them mainly for surround sound, They blow me away using my blu ray player as well and other streaming devices as well. I can sync different devices on and off them very easily all at one time, so even if I'm not watch a movie or TV I can switch between my laptop, or phone devices very easily with just pretty much the touch of a button. (its an app you install on your devices). And since theyre wireless or HiFi (HD wirless sound) I can move them arounf freely @ will . They alsowhich I sometimes do.. They also have been  great for my ,music and my sons games (when I let him use it lol!) They ran me about 2.5K for about 6 speakers(including the sub). Again words can not express how GOOD they sound you have to listen for yourself. So I recommend you @ least give them a look.For me its been a really great addition to the house overall and I thought I was just buying surround sound but it actually has been SO MUCH more. I love my speakers, wouldn't trade them!!

I hope this helps you somehow,

-Karen

Hi Karen, thats a very nice comment. Thanks. The HiFi's were never on my radar as such. Where did you demo them? I would like to hear then out. What receiver are you using to power them? I do see on the website that they are wireless as well. I wonder if that causes any distortions when you have multiple wireless devices in the vicinity? 

Thanks!

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Yamaha Rx A3010 Receiver , Yamaha Rx A830 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Definitive Technology Cs 8040hd Speaker Center Channel , Definitive Technology Bp8060st Supertower System
Gear in this thread - 8040hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page