basement build - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im finishing my basement and using part of a room to put a 100 inch screen. Should I put a tv stand in the front so all I have to run to the back wall is hdmi and the 2 rear speakers? Im putting up drywall soon and Im not sure what I need for the speakers like should I use a wall plate or should I just run the speaker wire and poke a hole same thing for sub. Should I run the blue conduit? Im usimg axiom audio on wall speakers.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I'm in the process of a build myself and these were all things I asked myself as well. I was going to run my hdmi and all to the front of the room and use some sort of tv stand for all my equipment. But I decided to build an inwall rack on the side of my room since it backed up to my utility room. That's next on my list. I have limited space on my screen wall as far as hieght goes so didn't want to take up more then I needed. As far as speaker lines go I'm just going to be using a wall plate and drilling a hole for he cable. You could terminate them but for me as for the speakers go I'm not concerened really with that. Or you can use a pass through plate for your sub and speaker lines. Basically a plate with a precut hole. If it were network lines and HDMI i'd probably terminate with keystone jacks from monoprice. I would also run some sort of flex conduit along with any cables for future pulls. Leave out your current cables though. Just add in a few pull strings in the conduit runs.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page