Help with A/V distribution in bar/game/rec room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am building a new home, directly next door to my current home. They are just finishing the framing and should be installing the windows/doors/shingles this week.

So...I need to have my plan in place for wiring.

Please see my attached floor plan for my basement. There is an unfinished utility room where all of my cabling/equipment will terminate. I designed the bar to have a recessed media cabinet inside the corner (facing outward towards rec room). There is a TV above the fireplace, another above the bar, another in the corner of the game area. So....three TVs in one large room (60' long x ~16' wide).

I will only have ONE cable box for this room. The TV that will use this cable box 90% of the time will be the one above the fireplace. During parties/card games, I will have the other two TVs on.

During parties, my wife will take over the fireplace TV for karaoke or Wii. So that frees up the cable box.

I would like to have the ability to have all three TVs watching the same thing at times. At other times, I would like the ability to have karaoke on the main TV and cable on the other TVs.

I have no idea how to achieve this!??!

I'm also considering switching to DirecTV.

FYI...my theater has dedicated equipment including a projector, cable box, xbox, blu-ray.

Thanks for your help folks!!

Sully

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
You need an HDMI splitter:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011307&p_id=6192&seq=1&format=2

However, I don't think these preserve HDCP with multiple outputs active. You will want to do a bit more research. If you want multiple sources to multiple TVs, then you want a matrix, something like this - should support HDCP for any one source going to any one output:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011310&p_id=8156&seq=1&format=2

They get more complex and capable:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011310&p_id=8151&seq=1&format=2
post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Those are pretty sweet. now i'm debating if I'll need something like this in my basement!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page