I finally found a day to work on getting my shower vent finished and outside! And I also tackled the outside box for my coax, network, speaker runs to my back yard! Those things have been on my list for so long and I can finally check them off!!!!
So first I started with the vent. Cutting a hole in the side of your house is never a fun thing to do.
Started with drilling a pilot hole from the inside out to see exactly where I was lining up.
Then using a 4 1/4 inch hole saw I cut the hole.
I ended up getting a different vent from Menards than what I had originally planed on using. This was a J-channel type vent. It's more for a house without the siding on it yet but I made it work.
I had to detach the top piece of siding and cut the notch out from for the j channel to fit behind the siding. It was a pita and I had to fight with it but I finally got it done. Then I nailed it in place and reattached the siding.
Next I attached the 4 inch pipe to the vent and slid into place.
This is what it looks like finished.
This is what it looks like on.
EDIT. I finally found a minute to fix the photos. Really not sure if it was worth all the trouble because the attachments you can click to enlarge but I kind of prefer to have the photos embedded into the post myself.