GEC5741_Official_Basement_Build - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 196 Old 05-05-2014, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Looking very nice. I am jealous of your project.

I am almost done with my wiring. Then on to insulation and drywall. I plan to start drywall as I am finishing the insulation. May even do it in sections. I can't stand to have exposed fiberglass insulation in a room - that stuff is nasty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 196 Old 05-06-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Thanks. Yea I'd like to not see the exposed insulation but as long as it's not being messed with I think that it's not getting into the air much. I know I keep saying it but maybe I'll be able to do a walk through video tonight. Things have been crazy busy! I havent been home since sunday morning as I've been in meetings for work. Tonight I plan to make it home though. Then tomorrow night I start one of my last couses for my degree but its going to take up alot of my time as I have to have a working project done at the end of the 2 month course. I'm still not sure on what ill have to do but my guess is write a web application with functional database. At any rate I'll do my best to do a quick video after the black hawks hopefully win game 3 tonight!!!! :-)

Link to my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #123 of 196 Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Impressive Gec!

Looks like you're making great progess.

I'm confused too.

post #124 of 196 Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post

all insulation is in and done. I'm hoping this weekend to get a walk through vid up and running. Now just need to figure out if I can afford to do the drywall now or if I need another month. Either way it's a good feeling to be done with framing and insulation!

Lookin' good dude. Lookin' good. Looking forward to a video...those are always fun to watch. Helps give a much clearer idea of whats going on. biggrin.gif

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #125 of 196 Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Heh yea I keep saying I'll do one and just haven't found the time to do it! We have been busy as usual but Friday morning at about 3 am we had something happen that was a bit unsettling. Our garage was broken into. Someone was going around with a device opening garage doors. Luckily the only thing stolen out of our minivan was my 2 boy's galaxy tablets. My boy's were not all to happy to find that out! Seems the thief's had stolen multiple cars from the neighborhood. I did not leave the key's to either of our cars in them that night luckily. And I had just 2 week prior installed a keypad lock to the door leading into the house from our garage so that thank god was locked! So needless to say now I've installed a totally new garage door opener at the wife's demand err request and installed all new keypad locks on all the doors. Looking into setting up my own surveillance system as well. So needless to say I'm hoping this week I will get down there and do a darn video. Maybe tonight after my sons hockey practice I'll do it.

Link to my build
post #126 of 196 Old 05-13-2014, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks good, even before you trim all the cabling down...quick question, where did you get the short "rack" your patch panel is in?

Thanks...

Sorry to hear about the break-in, mad.gif we had some in our neighborhood last year and since then, I set the garage door console to lock out the remotes whenever we are home, most times even when we are away, pull the car out, close the door and set the lock-out feature, and we never leave the keys in the MINI...1 bay of our 2 car garage has been appropriated for my workshop...:roll eyes:..and the Outback Wagon has a very good alarm system, besides the OEM unit it came with, when they go off it could wake the dead....cool.gif
post #127 of 196 Old 05-13-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

The rack is From monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Product/Details/8628?mainCategoryId=105&categoryId=10516&subCategoryId=1051602

I got it a few years ago actually. Ones it's all cleaned up it should look good.

I just put up a new chamberlain gd opener and it has a lockout feature. I'll have to figure out how it works!

Link to my build
post #128 of 196 Old 05-20-2014, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I'm finding myself at a point where I am pretty much at a stand still! The reason is just right now lack of a budget to put into the basement. I'm to the point where I can start the drywall and I do have someone that will do it all for me but I need a nice lump of cash in order to do it and right now I'm not sure when I'll have it. So now I'm almost thinking of just purchasing 20 sheets or so at a time and just start to put up the drywall myself. Either way it's going to take a while to get done and at least this way I'll be making some progress and saving myself some money by hanging all/most of it myself. Then I'll hire the tape and mudding out. Summer came up on me to quick so of course now my yard needs attention and the kids want great america passes etc, etc. I think I may just go pick up 20 sheets of drywall and find some time to at least start the media room. I need some work to do down there! smile.gif

Link to my build
post #129 of 196 Old 05-20-2014, 10:11 AM

Definitely makes sense to put up the drywall yourself. That's the easy part. It's the mudding that takes some skill.

You should also shop around for the sheetrock. I assumed Lowe's or HD was the place to go. Then I stumbled across a local building supply house. Not only was I surprised to learn they sell direct to consumers (as opposed to contractors only) but they also had a much better selection and much better price.They also delivered, which made my life much easier. I purchased over 70 sheets of 5/8 in 9' lengths and the savings added up. I had some other big items (all my subfloor) in that order, so I ended up saving even after the delivery cost was included.
post #130 of 196 Old 05-20-2014, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Yea I had a guy lined up and it wasn't much more to have him do it all for me so I figured may as well let him do it all and get it done quick! But now I could still just wait it out or save myself some money and do some of the "easy" or less skilled work like hanging the drywall myself over time. I'm not afraid of hard work and if it will save me money in the long run I'm all for it. I'll definately look around from the best price. A guy accross the street has some left over in his garage he said I could have. So I'll start with that. can't beat FREE! I think it was like 10 sheets too. I'm also going to get my hands on a camera to start messing around with video surveillance.

Link to my build
post #131 of 196 Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ok guys. I found myself with a little time so I tried to do a quick walk through. I'm trying to take a page from annopolis's videos. He did a better job but I really liked the idea of being brought into the space. hopefully this helps get a slightly better picture of my project. Enjoy and I'll do more when I get some progress going!

Link to my build
post #132 of 196 Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Now that's what I'm talking about. Nothing better than a LONG video to explain it all. I had to laugh because you rambled like me. It is almost impossible not to because new things just keep shooting into your head. biggrin.gif

If I had to make one recommendation it would be to get some 1" wood blinds for that window and then order the Blackout EZ Window Cover. It's great because your wood blinds hide the blackout and no one will ever know it's back there. You can't go wrong! I actually have to order another Blackout for my smaller window and then my basement will be completely BLACKED OUT during the day. It makes a HUGE difference especially if you are watching your PJ during the day. I'll try to shoot a video of the one that I have in place now. For the money, it is a spectacular deal. Trust me on this one.

I cleaned out my window well and put some nice river jacks in there with an escape ladder (we have no exit down there). However, all that was for nothing really considering that I put the blackout on the window. The other thing I like about it is that IF we had to use that window to escape, we just rip the blackout off (Velcro) and slide the window open.

To give you an idea of the price of the Blackout EZ, my window was 34"W X 51"H. It was only $61 ($10 of which was shipping).

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos

post #133 of 196 Old 05-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for the walk through Gec. It's nice to hear someone else's thought process as they go through similar things in the basement.

I think your dog would love a seat in the theater. Although that would take a lot of soundproofing. smile.gif

I'm confused too.

post #134 of 196 Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Hahahah yea I said i'd keep it short then it ends up being almost a HALF HOUR LONG! Like you said things just keep poping into your head while doing it. And I really didn't want to do a take 2 so i just threw it up there as is. wink.gif

Yea I had some ideas for that window. I do plan on wood blinds and I may go with the black out treatment. I was planning on cleaning out the window wells, put some nice new rock and maybe some fake plants to try and pretty it up. But I'll worry about all that later down the road.

As for the dog cage yes the dog's would love it in the media room! smile.gif I feel bad for them when they loose that area. They LOVE going down there to lounge around when we leave for work. They are older now 2 yellow labs around the ages of 9 and 11 or so. When they go no more dogs for us! rolleyes.gif

Link to my build
post #135 of 196 Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 PM

Liked: 13
Hey I would love to help out since you are in the area, shoot me a message! We are much more powerful united, are we not??

post #136 of 196 Old 06-18-2014, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Wow thank you so much for the offer! I will definately let you know as far as helping out. Especially when it comes time to do my bar! I love your bar build! I plan to do the bar last though so it may be a while. Where in the Chicago land area are you? I'm way up north just under the Wisconsin border.

Life just dose not seem to want me to get my basement done. My two boys are heavy into sports so between hockey and lacrosse there making me go broke quick. Hockey is the big one though! My 8 year old has the chance to play up this fall to the travel team but the cost just for the season is close to the cost of my projector it self! But my kids come first in my book so I can wait a bit longer to get my toys. Then we have the unexpected happening. Yesterday I woke up to a flat tire on the mini van. So found out there was a nail in it. Ended up having to buy 2 new front tires unexpectedly. Not more then 5 minutes after leaving to get that done a truck kicks a rock into my sindshield and stared it pretty badly! I was like "you gotta be kidding me". The good news on that is I called my insurance and it will be covered 100% But none of that isn't anything anyone else faces on a day to day basis either. And in the grand scheme of things all that is pretty minor. So I'll get things done eventually!

On a minor basement related update Friday I have somone coming by to take a look at the few details I need taken care of before i can get my ceiling drywalled.

1). Run shower vent to back yard
2). Run chase tube to back yard (near shower vent) for speaker, coax, and cat6 lines for outdoor movie nights and game nights.
3). lower 2 vents in ductwork to match up with future drywall.
4). figure out cold air return

So hopefully this weekend or soon after I'll be able to get those things figured out and taken care of. The shower vent I think I'm pretty much good on doing that now as well as the other chase tube to the back yard. The big thing I need help with is the lowering the vents and doing the cold air return. But I don't think either of those will be major for the person coming to help me. Once those are done then I am going to try and get the drywall going. I'll probably be doing it little by little as my funds allow but at least I'll be making progress. The silver lining for me taking my time is this. I was planning on getting the Epson 5030ub for my projector. At this rate by the time I can get the room ready and afford to go on my electonics shopping spree the new versions of projectors will be announced and most likely be out. So either I should be able to pick up the 5030 a little cheaper or get the next line depending on the improvements that come with the new models.
hltr likes this.

Link to my build
post #137 of 196 Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
I was planning on getting the Epson 5030ub for my projector. At this rate by the time I can get the room ready and afford to go on my electonics shopping spree the new versions of projectors will be announced and most likely be out. So either I should be able to pick up the 5030 a little cheaper or get the next line depending on the improvements that come with the new models.
I was looking at the Epson 5030 and the Panasonic AE 8000. When I actually purchased, the Sony HW40 had just become available. The salesperson was VERY positive on the Sony and that's what I ended up getting.

I am very pleased with the Sony, although I have nothing to compare it to. The reviews so far have been very favorable.

Same price as the 5030, so worth taking a look at.
post #138 of 196 Old 06-23-2014, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Minor update time,

I had someone come by that know's what they are doing when it comes to duct work and all that stuff. So as for my shower fan what I was thinking about doing was correct so I'm going to try and get that taken care of this week. I'll also run my flex conduit out to same location as where I'm running this vent for my future outdoor theater connections. As for my vents that I need lowered to match up with the drywall (when I hang it) he is going to whip me up a couple of extentions that I will be able to screw in place and bring the vents down to match up with the ceiling height. So for me that is a HUGE. I should hopefully have that also done by the end of the week. Then I can start to hang some drywall! Hopefully in the next month or so I'll have the drywall at least hung. Then I'll bid out the taping and mudding and all that work.
hltr likes this.

Link to my build
post #139 of 196 Old 07-01-2014, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

Well I made some progress last night. It doesn't seem like much but I got a few things off my list that have been plaguing me for quite some time. First off the vents. I have 2 vents in my ductwork that I knew I had to lower roughly 6 and a half inches so it would match up with the drywall when it came time to do the drywall. These vents along with running a vent for my bathroom fan have been stopping me from being able to begin the drywall of my ceiling. Come to find out that my wife's cousins husband does that sort of thing for a living. So he came over one night and took a look at the vents. He was able to whip up a couple of extentions for me at work and had them on my front step in 3 day's. So last night I finally got around to putting them up. The worked out great I'm happy to say!

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...1&d=1404222847

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140630_185034.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	143570   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140630_194729.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	143578   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140630_201938.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	143586  

Link to my build

Last edited by gec5741; 07-02-2014 at 08:32 AM.
post #140 of 196 Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

I also started to run the venting for my bathroom fan. I have the vent in place and run to the location it needs to go. Now I still need to cut the hole and get it outside. I bought a vent kit from menards but now looking at how it is and how my siding is on the outside of my house I'm not 100% sure the vent I bought will work. It's not shaped to fit over the siding and It doesn't seem like it will fit in between the siding panels. I may have to find something else I'm not sure yet. Here is just a couple quick shots of the vent I ran.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...1&d=1404223354

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...1&d=1404223354
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140630_212549.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	143594   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140630_212529.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	143602  

Link to my build

Last edited by gec5741; 07-01-2014 at 10:22 AM.
post #141 of 196 Old 07-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Cutting the bathroom vent hole is still on my punch list so I am looking forward to seeing how you tackle this one.
post #142 of 196 Old 07-02-2014, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

I found a vinyl siding mounting block. From what I can tell it's just a block that's made to fit over the siding and give you a flat surface to mount to. I'm planning to pick one up and see how well it works. I will keep you posted. Hoping this weekend I may find some time to work on it.

Link to my build
post #143 of 196 Old 07-02-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I don't do DW either

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementHT5 View Post
Don't do drywall!!!!!  It is probably the least favorite thing of mine to do.  At a minimum, I would recommend having someone come out and do the taping, cornerbead, mudding and sanding.  Hanging drywall isn't as bad once you move the sheets (especially if you have 2 people).  Good luck!
Hi gec. Just came across your thread. Haven't read through your entire thread yet so I don't know where you are in the build-out process. I do agree with HT5 on the drywall though. I'm fairly handy, but I know my limitations. I did hang my DW, but chose to let the pros come in and do the cornerbead, taping, mudding and finishing. They finish up tomorrow. They did an excellent job and makes my hanging job look first-class. It's a wonder how well the walls look once the DW is finished - even without paint and trim work. I was impressed by their attention to detail and just doing an overall great job. It was the best $1200 part of my budget I've spent.

I never did start a thread on my build-out since my project was more than just my office/media room. I'm 8 months into it and have done all of the work myself with the help of my 15yr old - except for some framing help and the DW finishing. Working 8-10 hours a day at a full time career, and spending a couple hours a night in the basement, hasn't left me with much time, or energy to keep up with a build thread. But I do intend to provide some before and after shots.

BTW, your space looks great and I can't wait to see the finish product. Are you doing, or have you done, double DW, green glue and isolation clips on your walls and ceiling? Is sound-proofing/treatments part of your overall plan?

redjr...
Pioneer Elite - A-20, DV-79AVi, BDP-HD1, SC-05

post #144 of 196 Old 07-02-2014, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks red,

As for the drywall I plan do it just like you did. I will hang it but I'll be paying someone to do the finish work. I do not plan or care to even attempt the tapping and mudding and all that!

As for the sound proofing I did what I could with my budget. I am not planning on going as far as doubleing up the drywall or using isolation clips. I have carpet above so as far as concussion noise it's not to bad. I did insulate the heck out of my ceiling so I'm hoping that will cut down on and help with keeping the sound down in the basement when I'm watching a movie or playing some music. Bedrooms are up on my second story so there is a whole floor in between so it shouldn't be too bad. One thing I thought about maybe doing is going with a 5/8 DW for the ceiling just for some added sound proofing but will see.

I know what you mean about working full time and only getting a few hours here or there to work in the basement. I started framing mine a few years ago! I have 2 boys and were huge into Hockey so between work, and being at the rink 3-4 nights a week, plus I'm one class away from finishing my degree working on the basement is hard to come by. It will get done though mark my words Personally I find keeping up with this thread is helpful for me to keep up with things. I enjoy updating when I can. It keeps me motivated and I get some good advice to boot! I would love to see some photos of your build if you do put some up.

Link to my build
post #145 of 196 Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
Thanks red,

As for the drywall I plan do it just like you did. I will hang it but I'll be paying someone to do the finish work. I do not plan or care to even attempt the tapping and mudding and all that!

As for the sound proofing I did what I could with my budget. I am not planning on going as far as doubleing up the drywall or using isolation clips. I have carpet above so as far as concussion noise it's not to bad. I did insulate the heck out of my ceiling so I'm hoping that will cut down on and help with keeping the sound down in the basement when I'm watching a movie or playing some music. Bedrooms are up on my second story so there is a whole floor in between so it shouldn't be too bad. One thing I thought about maybe doing is going with a 5/8 DW for the ceiling just for some added sound proofing but will see.

I know what you mean about working full time and only getting a few hours here or there to work in the basement. I started framing mine a few years ago! I have 2 boys and were huge into Hockey so between work, and being at the rink 3-4 nights a week, plus I'm one class away from finishing my degree working on the basement is hard to come by. It will get done though mark my words Personally I find keeping up with this thread is helpful for me to keep up with things. I enjoy updating when I can. It keeps me motivated and I get some good advice to boot! I would love to see some photos of your build if you do put some up.
Well it sounds like you've got more 'sweat equity' invested in your project than do I. I'm ready for mine to be over though. I thought long and hard about going the whole sound mitigation route. Since I was planning on a drop ceiling and french doors, I had two big holes in my fishtank metaphor. I don't have any real living space directly above my space, and the bedrooms are a floor away like yours too. I did want to create a somewhat dead/neutral room for audio listening as well, so I did double 5/8" DW with green glue on 3 walls. All walls have either pink or Roxul insulation. I did put up Roxul between the floor joists to help with some footfall noise above and some sound escaping. But that was the extent of my sound mitigation efforts. I hope it will be enough. The way my space is designed it has irregular wall shapes with some cabinetry in a back corner and one short wall is angled where the french doors will be. I hope this helps with standing-wave issues as I will be using multiple subs too. I have 2 large windows too that may require window plugs if that requirement is ever needed. Hopefully, what I have done (in way of sound-proofing) will at least outway some of the negatives, but I know it won't be 100%.

I'm taking off next week to start the finish work, doors, ceiling, finish the electrical, carpet, etc. I have a split-mini heat pump designed for DIY'ers to install too. That should be fun! After all, I need some cool air down there. It's a muggy CT summer setting in.

You've done a great job of documenting your build in pictures. It's always nice to see how other people have solved build problems - even though I'm delinquent in that dept. I will think about putting up some 'after the fact' pictures as time permits.

Have a great 4th weekend. - Rick

redjr...
Pioneer Elite - A-20, DV-79AVi, BDP-HD1, SC-05

post #146 of 196 Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Red,

Sounds like you did enough to help a lot with keeping down on the sound escaping. Like you I didn't to everything I could but that all get's expensive and very time consuming. So I think what I have will be just fine. Perfect? No, but I hope it will be ok. Sounds like you will be doing some of the fun work this week! Getting to the finising details has to be a good feeling congrats!

The 4th was good here on our end. I was hoping to get the vent for the bathroom finalized but with everything going on I never found the time. I'm hoping to get that done this week one evening. I will post up some pictures of how I tackle this as soon as I have it done. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Link to my build
post #147 of 196 Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 AM

Liked: 16
Red & GEC

It sounds like I'm in the same boat as both of you...working full time, 2 kids, and limited time for basement work. I too need to start a slow thread, since I've been peace-mailing the entire basement work vs doing it all at once.

I taped and mudded my drywall and just noticed that I have a few small cracks in the seams on my soffit that I did. I used the fiberglass netting tape instead of the traditional there, so I may have to go back and redo about 3-4 seams. That area was already completed, painted, and I'd moved on. Another example of why DW sucks.

For soundproofing, I have insulated all the basement walls and ceilings and swapped out one of the HVAC connections near the TV wall and sub for the quiet-flex tubing. That seems to prevent the sound from advancing up to the 2nd floor bedrooms. I have to stay with a drop ceiling due to mechanicals, wiring, etc in the ceiling. I'm using ceilume products. They have an additional soundproof insert, but I think I'll be OK without it.

Good luck! Your progress is giving me motivation to keep working on my basement on the rainy days of summer.
post #148 of 196 Old 07-19-2014, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Update time!

I finally found a day to work on getting my shower vent finished and outside! And I also tackled the outside box for my coax, network, speaker runs to my back yard! Those things have been on my list for so long and I can finally check them off!!!!

So first I started with the vent. Cutting a hole in the side of your house is never a fun thing to do.

Started with drilling a pilot hole from the inside out to see exactly where I was lining up.

Then using a 4 1/4 inch hole saw I cut the hole.

I ended up getting a different vent from Menards than what I had originally planed on using. This was a J-channel type vent. It's more for a house without the siding on it yet but I made it work.
I had to detach the top piece of siding and cut the notch out from for the j channel to fit behind the siding. It was a pita and I had to fight with it but I finally got it done. Then I nailed it in place and reattached the siding.

Next I attached the 4 inch pipe to the vent and slid into place.

This is what it looks like finished.

This is what it looks like on.

EDIT. I finally found a minute to fix the photos. Really not sure if it was worth all the trouble because the attachments you can click to enlarge but I kind of prefer to have the photos embedded into the post myself.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140719_104605.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	170626   Click image for larger version

Name:	vent1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	175986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	176002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent2.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	176010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent4.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	176018  

Name:	Vent5.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	176026  

Link to my build

Last edited by gec5741; 07-23-2014 at 08:40 AM.
post #149 of 196 Old 07-19-2014, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

here are a few shots of the water proof box I put out there for the coax, speaker, and network lines.

I didn't go with the same type of j-channel fixture that I used for the vent. I could of but it was a little easier to use this kind of mounting block because with it I didn't have to cut or mess with the siding. It just fits over the siding. I got lucky because the hole ended up in the right place so I could use this type of mounting block. The only thing I still have to do is caulk around it just to keep water out. I did caulk around the hole and the box has a sealed backing.

This is what the side of the mounting block looks like.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chasebox1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	175954   Click image for larger version

Name:	chasebox2.jpg
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	175962   Click image for larger version

Name:	chasebox3.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	175970   Click image for larger version

Name:	chasebox4.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	175978   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140719_160932.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	176098  

Link to my build

Last edited by gec5741; 07-23-2014 at 08:48 AM.
post #150 of 196 Old 07-22-2014, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Photos are fixed!

Link to my build

Last edited by gec5741; 07-23-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page