Media/Theater screen wall help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just closed on our house a few weeks ago and are starting the main level renovation, after which I'll start on the man cave in the basement. That will be for another thread...my real question right now is: Does anyone have suggestions for a screen wall using an existing 55" Vizio and a fixed front projector screen? I do a ton of web surfing, and boring tv viewing but still love big screen movies.. and want to have the best of both words. Only one problem, I've searched on here regarding "media screen walls" and all everyone is using is a drop screen in front of their "normal viewing" tv...I want to be different, I want a fixed screen. I want to use a Monoprice multi-format 106" screen....I could mount the Vizio on the wall, and I'm thinking of somehow using/building false wall in which the fixed screen possibly hinges up or down using a piano hinge or some large hinge...and hooks on to the ceiling when not in use...if that makes sense...
I'd love to see if anyone has had this issue and how they've made it work.

I know the easy way would be to use a roll up screen, but my $$ doesn't allow for a tab-tensioned screen, so I'd have to settle for non-tab, non-multiformat...and I've just heard too many bad stories about curling edges on cheap roll up screens.

Thanks

Sunfire Theater Grand IV, Emotiva Stealth 8, Adam powered monitors, Epik sub, Oppo DVD, Parts Express 15 sub kit, Epson projector...