Help me finish my HT room--need some creativity. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I have my gear or the rest is in transit.
Epson 3020
Denon X4000
Stewart Cima 135" Neve Fixed Frame (A problem)
OPPO 103
BIC Acoustech PL-89 Home Theater 7.1
Room-18x13

My MAJOR problem is the wall I need to mount the screen on. I'm looking at 2 options. The first is basically building a wooden frame on legs and mount the screen to it. The wall pictured, is the only wall I can use for the screen.
The second option is running a board across the room for the upper and lower section of the frame to mount to. I'm leaning towards the first option. Or is there an possibility of buying a stand for this screen that can be obscured and not a distraction?
I'll be using the black velvet drapes on both sides of the screen to blacken and conceal. The only thing you'll see on that wall is the screen. The wall should be totally concealed.

I'm going with black for the ceiling. The front 20% or so of the forward walls will also be black. The rest of the walls will be theater red.
I'm going to use a shelf to mount the Epson.

Wiring? I'm not tearing up dry wall to run any wiring. I'm look for advice for running/concealing the wiring. I have 4 surrounds to hang on the wall.

Picture accent lighting--looking for something battery operated and with a remote. Again, I don't want to tear up dry wall. I want to light up my movie posters a bit, but don't want to tear up any dry wall doing it.
shelf.jpg 116k .jpg file wall.jpg 51k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shelf.jpg (116.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg wall.jpg (51.1 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
up!
post #3 of 3 Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Have you read any of this thread from the Dedicated theater pages?
May give you some ideas for your screen wall.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/837848/minimalist-approach-to-screen-walls
As far as wiring your surrounds, what is the baseboard situation in the room? many people have had good luck pulling off the baseboard, whittling out some drywall (if necessary) to make a path for their speaker wire, then fishing the wire up to the speaker location, with one hole behind your base board and the other behind your speaker. If you insist on surface mounting your wire, there are various tape like products out there. I would think additional camouflage would be necessary. Maybe some type of mini column tribute for each rear channel? What are your wood working skills like and what do you have for tools?

underachiever extraordinaire
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page