Searching for a simple solution, need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, long time lurker, and finally doing my big install. I am currently running speaker wire, and low voltage throughout my new home which I am building. I have planned out my main home theater which will be in my living room.

I will be installing a BG Radia 5.1 in wall system in the living room.  I plan to drive the 5.1 speakers with a Parasound A51 and use the Marantz 8801 or the Yamaha CX-A5000, with an OPPO player. This is the easy part.

I want to run all the wiring to, and setup a component rack in the basement in a mechanical room below the living room. My hope is to have everything in this one rack.

In addition to the main system I would like to have two speakers in the master bathroom, and two outdoor speakers.

What I am trying to figure out is how can I control all of this with all the components in the basement and out of sight.  I was thinking of using an IR sensor in the living room for the main theater.  But is there a system out there I could employ to turn on the two master bath or outdoor speakers independent of the living room theater? Perhaps some kind of touch screens or something? Or IP, RF control?

What I want to do is have the receiver/amps in the basement and be able to say switch to an FM radio station or play from my Ipad, and change the volume from the master bath. Or control the outdoor speakers independent of everything else.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looks like you will need additional amps for your bathroom and outdoor zones, but by connecting your gear to your LAN you can use ip control to do everything you want. Have a look at the iRule thread in the "remote control" section for a very slick, customizable solution that uses smart phones and/or tablets as the interface.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Yamaha Cx A5000bl Aventage 11 2 Channel Av Pre Amplifier , Marantz Av8801
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page