AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-general-home-theater-media-game-rooms/)
-   -   Show me your REMOTES (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-general-home-theater-media-game-rooms/1520641-show-me-your-remotes.html)

zuluwalker 03-02-2014 03:23 PM

Welcome

I had this idea today to make a spot where we can show off our dirty little secret, Remote Hoarding.

hoard·ing1 [hawr-ding, hohr-]
noun
1. the act of a person who hoards.
2. hoardings, things that are hoarded.

Ideas for posting:
Please post a picture, and brief description of the room, or collection. This is too prevent anyone from just grabbing every remote they can buy at garage sales, and then posting them to make an outrageous claim for fame.

I was surprised by how many I actually had. My guess is that wife was all too aware of the collection size...mad.gif

If anyone has already started this Thread, my sincere and deepest apologies, I searched several times and couldn't find it.

Get infamous, post your pic.

XStanleyX 03-02-2014 04:02 PM

Imageless83 03-02-2014 05:04 PM

I need a harmony remote frown.gif

Yo Adrian 03-02-2014 07:54 PM

A harmony 880 upstairs in the tv room and a harmony 1100 in the theater.

Of all the pieces of entertainment equipment I've bought, the logitech harmony remotes are my best bang for the buck. Having just one remote to do everything, being able to turn everything on or switch components with a single button, i can't even imagine having to handle 5 different controls.

Make it easy on yourselves, guys. Invest in a harmony. So so worth it IMO.

zuluwalker 03-02-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Adrian View Post

A harmony 880 upstairs in the tv room and a harmony 1100 in the theater.

Of all the pieces of entertainment equipment I've bought, the logitech harmony remotes are my best bang for the buck. Having just one remote to do everything, being able to turn everything on or switch components with a single button, i can't even imagine having to handle 5 different controls.

Make it easy on yourselves, guys. Invest in a harmony. So so worth it IMO.

Yo Adrian so you would be 2 Universal remotes in the Poll, and would be able to post a photo of both them. Be sure to share!

Yo Adrian 03-02-2014 10:04 PM

Here you go. Love em. And they came with rechargeable batteries and charging stations, so no replacing AA or AAAs.

Imageless83 03-17-2014 02:30 PM

Finally tried out two harmony remotes in the past two weeks after posting. The Harmony 1000 had a nice screen but was too buggy, returned it and got the Harmony one touch which has been flawless so far.

NickTheGreat 03-18-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageless83 View Post

Finally tried out two harmony remotes in the past two weeks after posting. The Harmony 1000 had a nice screen but was too buggy, returned it and got the Harmony one touch which has been flawless so far.

Isn't that just a ONE? The One Touch is a little different.

I have a One for my Great Room, just the TV remote for my bedroom. And need a new Harmony for the Theater. Those 5 remotes are getting old fast rolleyes.gif

Imageless83 03-18-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Isn't that just a ONE? The One Touch is a little different.

I have a One for my Great Room, just the TV remote for my bedroom. And need a new Harmony for the Theater. Those 5 remotes are getting old fast rolleyes.gif

Yes, you are correct smile.gif. It's just the harmony one and thank u. Hopefully I can now save up for two more.

BasementHT5 03-18-2014 03:25 PM

I really need to update my remote...any suggestions?  Harmony?

zuluwalker 03-18-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementHT5 View Post

I really need to update my remote...any suggestions?  Harmony?

As a kid I was my dad's remote. He would tell me to change the channel, turn it down or up. So...do you have a kid for a remote? wink.gif

People seem to have good results with Harmony I hear.

Tom Grooms 03-18-2014 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my current control solution. Universal Remote Control MX-890 + MRX1 network base station and my trusty Samsung Note 3 smartphone.

This is all that is needed to control my 3 zone multi source system.

Next month URC releases ccGen2 products at which time I will again upgrade. This time from 1 way RF communication to two way IP control.

URC FTW!

deewan 04-30-2014 05:59 AM

I changed from a Harmony 900 to iRule. The Harmony was fine, but lacked some of the micro adjustments I wanted to make. iRule allows me to do that.

djearl81 05-01-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageless83 View Post

+1

Huge fan of the Harmony One. A few years ago my wife and I were in Ultimate Electronics. I saw one sitting by a big TV display. I handed it to my wife without any instructions and said...can you turn that TV on? She looked at the remote for about 10 seconds, then pressed the watch TV button. We've had one sitting in our living room ever since....the other remotes are in a box in the basement. Both sets of parents have converted along with a few Aunts and Uncles. My two year old daughter is starting to use it.

I don't think I'd ever use a remote without macros anymore. It's a huge help to program a button with the right sequence to fix those little annoyances that pop-up with HTPCs. I hear "why isn't this working?" Then I say..."Press the help button" or whatever button I've programmed to fix the problem. Then I hear "oh...cool" instead of..."will you stop what you are doing and fix this please."

Angus.Young 07-19-2014 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Only the one... Works for me..

If I have to do some fine tuning might have to dig up other ones.... but for 99.9% of the time this is all that's used

zuluwalker 08-09-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus.Young (Post 25872090)
Only the one... Works for me..

If I have to do some fine tuning might have to dig up other ones.... but for 99.9% of the time this is all that's used

Nice! :)