PS3 Choppy Network Media Playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-27-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a NAS attached to my main router via the RJ-45 cable (1 metre). The main router is serving Wi-Fi to my Smart TV and my PS3 in the hall which are approximately 3 metres apart. Both receiving close to 100% signal strength (97% was the lowest). The PS3 download speed was also measured at about 10Mbps and a upload speed of 7Mbps. My problem is this.

The physical location of my PS3 and smart TV is only about 2cm apart. The PS3 doesn't do a good job in playing from the NAS. It has a choppy playback of songs at 320kbps and a utterly slow playback of H.264 1080p movies. But my smart TV plays it amazingly better than the PS3. 

Forget about my PS3 having to play videos from the NAS, the TV could do that smoothly. But when listening to songs stored on the NAS, I'm not willing to switch on the TV just for that. The TV also does not go to dim-screen or screen-off mode when playing songs, it would be wasting a lot of electricity. So I thought that the PS3 is capable of doing so by playing songs while connected to my home theatre system with the TV off.

However, the PS3, when playing MP3s, stops for 1 second for every 5 to 6 seconds. Why is it so?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
first hunch is some sort of interference effecting the PS3 and not the TV. Could be the TV itself, could be the physical position of the PS3, could be a bad HDMI cable. (I've had them wreak havoc on RF remote repeater systems in the past). Could be wireless sux for streaming media and you should run some cat5e or better. smile.gif
Try your streaming audio and unplug the TV. Try your streaming audio and unplug the HDMI out of the PS3. Try your streaming audio and move the PS3 to a slightly different location. as my old buddy John Belushi famously said......"don't cost nothing."

underachiever extraordinaire
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page