Archaea's multi-purpose Home Theater room - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 582Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
hltr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Great work Jonathan
hltr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Question.....How does the carpet impact the sound compare to the tile floors you had at your last house?

http://www.computertechnologieslab.com/ Website Design Professionals

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,312
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 1623
I went to Jonathan's last week to check out his room. The amount of changes he has made since the last time I was there are very impressive! The picture quality improvement from the 8350 is obvious even to me, a non videophile.

I also think the baffle wall is a impressive upgrade (although it could be the treatments he has done), I brought over 2 of my surrounds (elemental designs Cinema 6's) and with the speakers in the baffle wall I thought the sound was way better than what I heard in my room when I tried the eD's up front as mains. In fact, I preferred the eD's to the Macke's head to head for 2 channel stereo. The Macke's have a "echo" sound to them, like some kind of receiver dsp setting (concert hall or whatever but not that pronounced, it's very slight). Off axis the Macke's are much better than my eD's however, so as surrounds I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Jonathan has said for a long time that the Macke's sound great with all of them going in all channel stereo. Well, I agree. Jonathan's Onkyo must do all channel stereo different than my avr. With mine, you lose the soundstage it just sounds like all sounds are coming from everywhere and nowhere. At Jonathan's you still have this great up front soundstage, singer in the middle, etc. and just a nice full sound around you without it being obvious that the surrounds are on.

With all the Macke's going I didn't hear the echo sound that I heard in 2 channels that I didn't like.

We watched parts of Gravity in 3D and the effect was awesome - loved it. However, we watched Men in Black 3 and it was just ok, in fact I think I would have preferred the 2D.

I never did get a chance to hear the 228's in the baffle wall, I'm very curious what that sounds like.

The screen is awesome - looks massive but crystal clear at the same time. Is AT all it's cracked up to be? Well, I've now experienced a LOT of AT setups and honestly the only difference to me is when I'm fully reclined in the chair with my feet up. When I'm sitting like this in my room I can tell my center doesn't sound great and sometimes it's harder to understand speech. However, when I'm sitting upright in my room I can't tell the difference between my setup and AT. The problem is I ALWAYS watch movies in the reclined position so......

Bottom line, awesome room man and still getting better!
hltr likes this.
carp is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 506
carp.... That is a good thing that you cant tell a difference between AT and non AT. So does this mean that you might get an AT screen now?
Pain Infliction is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
stormwind13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I went to Jonathan's last week to check out his room. The amount of changes he has made since the last time I was there are very impressive! The picture quality improvement from the 8350 is obvious even to me, a non videophile.

I also think the baffle wall is a impressive upgrade (although it could be the treatments he has done), I brought over 2 of my surrounds (elemental designs Cinema 6's) and with the speakers in the baffle wall I thought the sound was way better than what I heard in my room when I tried the eD's up front as mains. In fact, I preferred the eD's to the Macke's head to head for 2 channel stereo. The Macke's have a "echo" sound to them, like some kind of receiver dsp setting (concert hall or whatever but not that pronounced, it's very slight). Off axis the Macke's are much better than my eD's however, so as surrounds I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Jonathan has said for a long time that the Macke's sound great with all of them going in all channel stereo. Well, I agree. Jonathan's Onkyo must do all channel stereo different than my avr. With mine, you lose the soundstage it just sounds like all sounds are coming from everywhere and nowhere. At Jonathan's you still have this great up front soundstage, singer in the middle, etc. and just a nice full sound around you without it being obvious that the surrounds are on.

With all the Macke's going I didn't hear the echo sound that I heard in 2 channels that I didn't like.

We watched parts of Gravity in 3D and the effect was awesome - loved it. However, we watched Men in Black 3 and it was just ok, in fact I think I would have preferred the 2D.

I never did get a chance to hear the 228's in the baffle wall, I'm very curious what that sounds like.

The screen is awesome - looks massive but crystal clear at the same time. Is AT all it's cracked up to be? Well, I've now experienced a LOT of AT setups and honestly the only difference to me is when I'm fully reclined in the chair with my feet up. When I'm sitting like this in my room I can tell my center doesn't sound great and sometimes it's harder to understand speech. However, when I'm sitting upright in my room I can't tell the difference between my setup and AT. The problem is I ALWAYS watch movies in the reclined position so......

Bottom line, awesome room man and still getting better!

Onkyo is the only brand other then yamaha where the all channel mode sounds good to me.
stormwind13 is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,476
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Have you tried Denon? Theirs sounds the same as Onkyo's to me.
stitch1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 506
I thought there was a blind avr shootout and people could not tell the difference between different brands?

http://www.computertechnologieslab.com/ Website Design Professionals

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
If anyone knows of the shootout Pain Infliction is referring to I would like to read it.

KC group did an amp comparison that no one could tell the difference in, but the processor comparison/Audyssey vs. MACC, vs YAPO, vs Trinnov comparison is still a future plan.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I went to Jonathan's last week to check out his room. The amount of changes he has made since the last time I was there are very impressive! The picture quality improvement from the 8350 is obvious even to me, a non videophile.

I also think the baffle wall is a impressive upgrade (although it could be the treatments he has done), I brought over 2 of my surrounds (elemental designs Cinema 6's) and with the speakers in the baffle wall I thought the sound was way better than what I heard in my room when I tried the eD's up front as mains. In fact, I preferred the eD's to the Macke's head to head for 2 channel stereo. The Macke's have a "echo" sound to them, like some kind of receiver dsp setting (concert hall or whatever but not that pronounced, it's very slight). Off axis the Macke's are much better than my eD's however, so as surrounds I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Jonathan has said for a long time that the Macke's sound great with all of them going in all channel stereo. Well, I agree. Jonathan's Onkyo must do all channel stereo different than my avr. With mine, you lose the soundstage it just sounds like all sounds are coming from everywhere and nowhere. At Jonathan's you still have this great up front soundstage, singer in the middle, etc. and just a nice full sound around you without it being obvious that the surrounds are on.

With all the Macke's going I didn't hear the echo sound that I heard in 2 channels that I didn't like.

We watched parts of Gravity in 3D and the effect was awesome - loved it. However, we watched Men in Black 3 and it was just ok, in fact I think I would have preferred the 2D.

I never did get a chance to hear the 228's in the baffle wall, I'm very curious what that sounds like.

The screen is awesome - looks massive but crystal clear at the same time. Is AT all it's cracked up to be? Well, I've now experienced a LOT of AT setups and honestly the only difference to me is when I'm fully reclined in the chair with my feet up. When I'm sitting like this in my room I can tell my center doesn't sound great and sometimes it's harder to understand speech. However, when I'm sitting upright in my room I can't tell the difference between my setup and AT. The problem is I ALWAYS watch movies in the reclined position so......

Bottom line, awesome room man and still getting better!
Thanks Sheldon.
I agree with everything you said. I think baffle walls/AT screens are perhaps are a minor (but more than slight) improvement. Not sure they are worth tearing apart a room or building in - unless you to do unless you already have an easy way to implement like I did. It's not like I couldn't tolerate a non AT screen now that I have an AT screen. It's nice to have the center dialogue come from directly behind the screen, but the Left/Right to me don't really matter if they are directly behind the screen. AVR processing is so good these days with 5.1 and 7.1 tracks that I think as long as your speaker distances are set correctly - you have some generous flexibility as to the placement of your speakers.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,476
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I thought there was a blind avr shootout and people could not tell the difference between different brands?
We are talking about the processing of all channels stereo.Some brands process it differently. I think Archaea's two channel stereo is WAYdifferent than what I am use to hearing. However, when it comes to amps, youare correct; no one could tell a difference.
stitch1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,476
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Thanks Sheldon.
I agree with everything you said. I think baffle walls/AT screens are perhaps are a minor (but more than slight) improvement. Not sure they are worth tearing apart a room or building in - unless you to do unless you already have an easy way to implement like I did. It's not like I couldn't tolerate a non AT screen now that I have an AT screen. It's nice to have the center dialogue come from directly behind the screen, but the Left/Right to me don't really matter if they are directly behind the screen. AVR processing is so good these days with 5.1 and 7.1 tracks that I think as long as your speaker distances are set correctly - you have some generous flexibility as to the placement of your speakers.

I would agree with you for the most part. But think of howmuch further out (left and right) your speakers would have to be with thatgiant screen, putting your right speaker much closer to the corner of your room.Also, your center would be much lower than it was in your old house. You dohave a big room that helps a lot for placement. However, think if you wantedthat super wide screen in a much narrower room. I think by going with an ATscreen you added a lot of convenience.

In my mind, for a lot of rooms there are far more pros thanthere are cons for an AT screen. Yourold room would have been a PITA to do an AT screen in though. Some rooms work others don’t.But overall if someone has the option to do an AT screen, then I say, go forit.
stitch1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,375
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
The screen is awesome - looks massive but crystal clear at the same time. Is AT all it's cracked up to be? Well, I've now experienced a LOT of AT setups and honestly the only difference to me is when I'm fully reclined in the chair with my feet up. When I'm sitting like this in my room I can tell my center doesn't sound great and sometimes it's harder to understand speech. However, when I'm sitting upright in my room I can't tell the difference between my setup and AT. The problem is I ALWAYS watch movies in the reclined position so......

Bottom line, awesome room man and still getting better!
Sounds like a good day. I went back and forth on an AT screen and decided for many reasons for myself why I am not doing it, some would not agree, but again they are my reasons. Probably when I build a new home and build a new theater the proper way I will certainly do it, but for now I am happy with my plan for a fixed screen. One weird part of me likes to see my equipment. I would hate to upgrade up to the 215's and never see them?
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
We are talking about the processing of all channels stereo.Some brands process it differently. I think Archaea's two channel stereo is WAYdifferent than what I am use to hearing. However, when it comes to amps, youare correct; no one could tell a difference.
Ok gotcha.
Pain Infliction is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
stormwind13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
Have you tried Denon? Theirs sounds the same as Onkyo's to me.
I have not. I found I did not care for Sherbourn's and a couple other brands. I think pioneer and sony.
stormwind13 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,312
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 1623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
carp.... That is a good thing that you cant tell a difference between AT and non AT. So does this mean that you might get an AT screen now?

I CAN tell though when I am in my room and I'm fully reclined since some of the sound from the center channel gets blocked. Still, I don't know if it's enough to push me to go AT. There are always trade offs, for one I'm sure I'd lose a lot of brightness from the screen.
carp is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,312
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 1623
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
I would agree with you for the most part. But think of howmuch further out (left and right) your speakers would have to be with thatgiant screen, putting your right speaker much closer to the corner of your room.

That's how I do it in my room and my screen is even wider, but luckily stereo sounds better to me with the mains really wide. I've tinkered with that sooo many times and I always go back to the wide mains - with the 212's anyway - hopefully it will be the same with the 215's.
carp is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,312
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 1623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Sounds like a good day. I went back and forth on an AT screen and decided for many reasons for myself why I am not doing it, some would not agree, but again they are my reasons. Probably when I build a new home and build a new theater the proper way I will certainly do it, but for now I am happy with my plan for a fixed screen. One weird part of me likes to see my equipment. I would hate to upgrade up to the 215's and never see them?

Exactly, I gotta be able to see those behemoths!!

If I ever do go AT I'm willing to bet I'll only have the center channel behind the screen.
carp is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
I'll be hosting a movie night this Friday 7/18 at my place for anyone who'd like to come and see my new setup. Panasonic PT-AE8000U, 144" Seymour XD 2.35:1 screen, Mackie C200 surrounds, JTR 228HT L/C/R, JTR Captivator subs, etc.

I'll be showing the movie Collateral (hopefully it's something you guys haven't seen yet)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/collateral/
Or if people attending veto that one for some reason or another - I'll pick another film. I prefer lesser known but great movies (or new movies) to avoid boredom of a full movie rewatch, but will surely show a few well known demo clips for the comparisons - including a brief 3d demo with the movie Gravity for anyone who hasn't seen 3d at home. (anyone have any extra compatible 3d glasses? I currently only have four)

Let me know who is attending so I know how many to plan for. I can PM my address for those who don't know it.

Be there at 7PM - eat dinner before you get there - but I'll have soda/beer/snacks. We'll go as long as people have interest.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
stormwind13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I'll be hosting a movie night this Friday 7/18 at my place for anyone who'd like to come and see my new setup. Panasonic PT-AE8000U, 144" Seymour XD 2.35:1 screen, Mackie C200 surrounds, JTR 228HT L/C/R, JTR Captivator subs, etc.

I'll be showing the movie Collateral (hopefully it's something you guys haven't seen yet)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/collateral/
Or if people attending veto that one for some reason or another - I'll pick another film. I prefer lesser known but great movies (or new movies) to avoid boredom of a full movie rewatch, but will surely show a few well known demo clips for the comparisons - including a brief 3d demo with the movie Gravity for anyone who hasn't seen 3d at home. (anyone have any extra compatible 3d glasses? I currently only have four)

Let me know who is attending so I know how many to plan for. I can PM my address for those who don't know it.

Be there at 7PM - eat dinner before you get there - but I'll have soda/beer/snacks. We'll go as long as people have interest.
Live closer. Kthx.
stormwind13 is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
hahaha

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 3,202
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Why dont you bring your room with you to PA? You could put it in my basement in MD.

I should get back to KC in Dec/Jan; would love to see/hear your awesome new space.

___________________________________________
Two ears and a brain comprise a powerful acoustical analysis tool, able to extract enormous resolution, detail, and pleasure from circumstances that, when subject to mere technical measurements, seem to be disastrous. Floyd Toole
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html[/B]
NWCgrad is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
I look forward to giving you the demo!

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
superleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - USA
Posts: 2,265
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Anyone know an inexpensive teleportation service?

You guys have a great time. I'm sure Archaea will post how the event goes.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

superleo is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 20,752
Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5073 Post(s)
Liked: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwind13 View Post
Live closer. Kthx.
For cereal.
Scott Simonian is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,375
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Exactly, I gotta be able to see those behemoths!!

If I ever do go AT I'm willing to bet I'll only have the center channel behind the screen.
I have heard just the center behind the AT screen sounds better. I was talking with someone the other day about it and his comment was it completely disappears. Last night I was looking at options for an AT screen, but I thought maybe just the center channel might be a possibility. I only have about 18" as the window is in the way. I'm going to give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I'll be hosting a movie night this Friday 7/18 at my place for anyone who'd like to come and see my new setup. Panasonic PT-AE8000U, 144" Seymour XD 2.35:1 screen, Mackie C200 surrounds, JTR 228HT L/C/R, JTR Captivator subs, etc.

I'll be showing the movie Collateral (hopefully it's something you guys haven't seen yet)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/collateral/
Or if people attending veto that one for some reason or another - I'll pick another film. I prefer lesser known but great movies (or new movies) to avoid boredom of a full movie rewatch, but will surely show a few well known demo clips for the comparisons - including a brief 3d demo with the movie Gravity for anyone who hasn't seen 3d at home. (anyone have any extra compatible 3d glasses? I currently only have four)

Let me know who is attending so I know how many to plan for. I can PM my address for those who don't know it.

Be there at 7PM - eat dinner before you get there - but I'll have soda/beer/snacks. We'll go as long as people have interest.
I picked up the Prestige that you mentioned way back in this thread and I really liked it. I had never even heard of it until you mentioned it. Speaking of 3D glasses. I have 4 pairs of Samsung glasses for my HDTV. Do you think that they will be compatible for the Panny 8000 ?
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 377 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
3 nights with guests in a row! That was fun! I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I had three guests tonight - AVSForum Cvinfig and ChldsPlay w/ his G/F. Co-workers the previous two nights.


Good times!




We watched Ender's Game tonight and did some demo clips. I hope they enjoyed the evening and will join the KC group for future movie nights.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is offline  
Old 07-19-2014, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,251
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
3 nights with guests in a row! That was fun! I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I had three guests tonight - AVSForum Cvinfig and ChldsPlay w/ his G/F. Co-workers the previous two nights.


Good times!




We watched Ender's Game tonight and did some demo clips. I hope they enjoyed the evening and will join the KC group for future movie nights.
I am so jealous of you guys who have your home theater ready for guests. Mine is always 'coming soon'...
coolgeek is offline  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,375
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
I am so jealous of you guys who have your home theater ready for guests. Mine is always 'coming soon'...
I'm with you brah. I started my theater build and plans in September and it is almost September again. Would have been done a month ago if the guy helping would show up. The guy I hired has been a nightmare. He is doing it on the side, but still, he just finds a million reasons to not come. Great guy and all, but man he just does not want to work. This week has been the most he has worked yet. Hoping to be done by next weekend.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,251
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I'm with you brah. I started my theater build and plans in September and it is almost September again. Would have been done a month ago if the guy helping would show up. The guy I hired has been a nightmare. He is doing it on the side, but still, he just finds a million reasons to not come. Great guy and all, but man he just does not want to work. This week has been the most he has worked yet. Hoping to be done by next weekend.
Don't get me started on contractors. My house has been in renovation for 2 years now. Electrician, Plumber, etc, always find excuses...

But slowly and steadily, it'll eventually come together.. fingers crossed!!!
coolgeek is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TMcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 802
What a gigantic difference from v.1 to v.2. Excellent work.

Question about the baffle wall treatments....is that OC703 with black facing or something like Insulshield black? And was it available locally or did you have to order it online? Looking for similar for my baffle wall and need to place an order soon.
TMcG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off