home theater lighting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new here and couldn't find my answer. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best lighting for a home theater system. I just bought a Samsung 4k tv and trying to get a nice setup. I do rent so I'm limited on what I can do. I have been reading about back lighting kits but get mixed reviews. If anyone could help I would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Personally I prefer nice accent lights for my living areas. Also a big must for me are dimmers on all main lighting. I'm not a fan of really bright on or off type lights. So installing wall dimmers would be easy enough and you could alway's change them back when your done renting. Also some nice accent lighting ideas could be something like battery operated sconces. I was looking at something like these. I did not run power for any sconces in my room and have been kind of regretting that decision. Technically I could still do it as I don't have drywall up but one reason I don't think I will is that I'm really not sure of the best placement for them. So I was planning on trying something like these out. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Its-Exciting-Lighting-Vivid-Series-Wall-Mounted-Indoor-Outdoor-Leopard-Style-Battery-Operated-5-LED-Wall-Sconce-002518G/203600262 . From the videos I've seen they seem to look pretty nice and there only for accent lighting so will see. You could also think about maybe doing some rope lights or LED light strips in ways that you would hide them behind things like the TV or some shelves and would give you some nice backlighting for accents. I'm not 100% sure if this type of thing is what you are looking for or if you mean changing/adding the main lighting in the room. For that I suggest can lights but if your renting then that may not be an option. Maybe some nice track spots would be a good option? http://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting-Ceiling-Fans-Track-Lighting/N-5yc1vZc7nd
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page