Conrad's Media Room Makeover (Pics and Vids) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 Old 05-05-2014, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Original display: Mitsubishi Diamond 842 82" DLP
Screen: Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 115" with LED kit
Projector: Epson 5030UB
Receiver: Denon AVR 2313Ci
Mains: Focal Chorus 726v
Center: Focal Chorus CC 700
Surrounds: Definitive Technology DI 5.5R
Subwoofer: Dual SVS 20-39+
Subwoofer amp: Samson 1000
Media/Processor: HTPC running XBMC (Gotham)

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to share my experience in updating our media room. We already had a fairly large display. It's a Mitsubishi Diamond 842 82" DLP.

I love it! This display was suppose to stay in our media room. The plan was to buit a dedicated home theater in the basement. After a couple of

discussions with the CFO, aka the wife, we decided not to finish our basement yet. Based on our decision not to finish the basement, I decided to update the

media room instead. I moved the Mits to our loft upstairs.

Day 1

Original media room.


Removing the TV and the console revealed a bunch of wires/cables. Time for some cable management as part of the makeover.


Found some old banana plugs. Time to put them to use!


Setting aside all the cables and stuff.


Bare in wall speaker wire coming out of the wall.


Terminated the in wall speaker wires.


Ah! Looks much better than cables sticking out of the wall.


Day 2

Went to IKEA to pick up a new console. During my research, I couldn't find a cheap low profile console to replace the larger console I purchased at Dania. It needed to have space for a center channel since I didn't want it placed on top. I wanted to go as low as possible.


Added some of those Magic Sliders to the conosle making it easier to move around.


Console all built and components are in place. Total height of the console is a mere 13". Old console with the center channel on top was a total of 27", a whopping 14" saved!!


I thought I measured all my components and was sure that the new console would work. Unforunately, the HTPC and sub amp couldn't fit. ARGH!


Day 3

One of the holes for the wall mounted speakers that is no longer needed.


Front, center and left wall mount speaker holes have been patched up. I left screws holes with screws just in case they are needed again in the future.


Time to pick out the new color scheme for the media room. Bye bye orange!

Last edited by ConradC; 11-25-2014 at 09:47 AM.
ConradC is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Day 5

Since the sub amp and HTPC case would not fit together, I ended up getting a new, lower profile, case (needed a new motherboard to match).


All the cables for the makeover arrived!


Doing some cable management.


Day 7

Even though I am going to have to break the front wall open again for some electrical work, I couldn't stand the orange anymore. I tinted the primer to a grey similar to what the side walls will be. The front wall will be a darker shade of grey.


Front wall all primed. Waiting for it to dry. Can't see the speaker wall mount holes anymore! smile.gif


After a couple of failed attempts to find a stud to used, I finally found it. It's much further back than intended. There were electrical conduits at my original choice


Projector mounted. Yey!


Approximate size of the screen being projected on the wall and on a sample of the screen.


Day 8

Temp cables on the ceiling.


Day 9
Masked out the window. Ready to begin painting the side walls!


Day 10

Side walls all painted. Checking out how the screen will look like during the day without window treatments. Looks amazing, considering all the ambient light. Nice color and contrast! The technology is just amazing!


Making short interconnects between the receiver and the wall plate.


Day 11

New roller shade arrived!


It was a tight fit, but I've finished installing the shade.


Screen just arrived. Pretty excited!! The delivery guy had a smile as big as mine! lol


One of my little twins posing next to the massive packaging.


Unpacking the screen. smile.gif


Screen mounting brackets installed. I pre-measured everything already. I was just waiting for the hardware to arrive.


A close up of the LEDs that line the screen.


I almost hit a bullseye! The projector and screen almost lined up perfectly! smile.gif
ConradC is online now  
post #3 of 54 Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Day 12

My eldest has no school today. He gets to enjoy a day of movies. You can see the roller shade down and the LEDs on.


Day 13

My isoloation feet arrived for my subs. Just installed them.


Sub in action


Screen perfectly aligned now. Time to play around a bit. wink.gif
ConradC is online now  
post #4 of 54 Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Day (???)

Cutout for the recessed cable passthrough and outlet


Cover installed


Cutout needed to pull wires to the projector


My scientific method of aligning the in-ceiling surround speaker


Front view of the in-ceiling surround speaker (Definitive Technology DI 5.5R)


Rear view of the in-ceiling surround speaker (Definitive Technology DI 5.5R)


Installation was easier than I thought

Last edited by ConradC; 08-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.
ConradC is online now  
post #5 of 54 Old 06-28-2014, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Day ?? ( I've lost track )

In wall wiring all done

autreym, luisev and Randall.White like this.
ConradC is online now  
post #6 of 54 Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,765
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 747
What size screen?
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #7 of 54 Old 06-29-2014, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Sorry. I forgot to mention the screen size. It's 115" diagonal.
ConradC is online now  
post #8 of 54 Old 08-01-2014, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
All done! Yey!!!

Media room during the day with all the lights on.


Another view
ConradC is online now  
post #9 of 54 Old 08-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Member
 
SeveredDime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
That's a nice clean set up. I really like the screen.
SeveredDime is offline  
post #10 of 54 Old 08-11-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeveredDime View Post
That's a nice clean set up. I really like the screen.
Thanks Robb. I was going for the simple/clean look.
ConradC is online now  
post #11 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Newbie
 
Srt-What's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Fantastic installation !


Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the screen room ? 15'x12' ?
Srt-What is offline  
post #12 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt-What View Post
Fantastic installation !


Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the screen room ? 15'x12' ?
Good eye! Amazing, you hit the measurement on the nose! The ceiling is 9' high.
ConradC is online now  
post #13 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Newbie
 
Srt-What's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Actually your thread was posted just on time !

I have roughly the same area and am in the process of selecting the last piece of equipment : the screen ! I am also building a living room home theater and it seems there isn't that many people going that way. It is really reassuring to see that a quality image can be achieved in a semi-light-controlled environment.

Hope you enjoy your HT !
Srt-What is offline  
post #14 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
gec5741's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chcago land area
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 52
That looks great! I would really love to get a 115 or 120 inch SI Black Diamond edgless screen like that! 2 issues I have with it is for one not sure I'd get that down in my basement seeing it's one solid piece and I have a 90 degree turn at the top of the stairs. I may be able to slide it in at an angle but not sure really. I guess I'd have to test with something cut to the same dimensions first! But the second issue I have is the cost of those screens. They are super nice but also super pricey. Will see though. I'll be waiting to buy the screen last as I would like to shine the pj on the wall when the room is done so I can get a good feel on size and ratio differences.

But your room looks very nice and clean! Looks like a really nice place to hang out and watch TV/Movies!
gec5741 is offline  
post #15 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Member
 
bruzer79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great looking room - I sent my wife the photo's as an example of what I was trying to accomplish (new house currently under construction) and she's totally on board with me now!
bruzer79 is offline  
post #16 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt-What View Post
Actually your thread was posted just on time !

I have roughly the same area and am in the process of selecting the last piece of equipment : the screen ! I am also building a living room home theater and it seems there isn't that many people going that way. It is really reassuring to see that a quality image can be achieved in a semi-light-controlled environment.

Hope you enjoy your HT !
Thanks. The screen works fairly well in a semi light controlled environment. I like the ability to have all the lights in the area and still get a very watchable image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
That looks great! I would really love to get a 115 or 120 inch SI Black Diamond edgless screen like that! 2 issues I have with it is for one not sure I'd get that down in my basement seeing it's one solid piece and I have a 90 degree turn at the top of the stairs. I may be able to slide it in at an angle but not sure really. I guess I'd have to test with something cut to the same dimensions first! But the second issue I have is the cost of those screens. They are super nice but also super pricey. Will see though. I'll be waiting to buy the screen last as I would like to shine the pj on the wall when the room is done so I can get a good feel on size and ratio differences.

But your room looks very nice and clean! Looks like a really nice place to hang out and watch TV/Movies!
My stairs to the basement sounds similar to yours. If I really wanted to get it to the basement, I think I would have to poke a hole through one of the walls so I could slide it through. There is no way to make that turn. The screen does come at a premium but it gives me a decent image with ambient light, looks amazing when its at night and looks absolutely jaw dropping at night with the LED border on. Could one build it cheaper? I'm sure its possible, but I wanted a turnkey solution when it came to the screen. The screen was almost 40% of my media room update costs. Was it worth it to me? Let's just saw I'm extremely happy with how my media room turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzer79 View Post
Great looking room - I sent my wife the photo's as an example of what I was trying to accomplish (new house currently under construction) and she's totally on board with me now!
Good luck on the new construction!
ConradC is online now  
post #17 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
randyc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Looks great !!great job .
randyc1 is online now  
post #18 of 54 Old 08-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
yep,good job,cool,That looks great! I would really love to get a 115 or 120 inch SI Black Diamond edgless screen like that! 2 issues I have with it is for one not sure I'd get that down in my basement seeing it's one solid piece and I have a 90 degree turn at the top of the stairs.[IMG]http://*******/OSI1pM[/IMG] I may be able to slide it in at an angle but not sure really.
terttalisn is offline  
post #19 of 54 Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Limp Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Newmanstown PA
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just simply amazing!!!

US ARMY 42A2T/11C2T

another Deployment? ...you don't say
Limp Fox is offline  
post #20 of 54 Old 08-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Member
 
fstanek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
That looks really nice.

Which LED kit did you use behind the screen?

fstanek is offline  
post #21 of 54 Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1 View Post
Looks great !!great job .
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terttalisn View Post
yep,good job,cool,That looks great! I would really love to get a 115 or 120 inch SI Black Diamond edgless screen like that! 2 issues I have with it is for one not sure I'd get that down in my basement seeing it's one solid piece and I have a 90 degree turn at the top of the stairs.[IMG]http://*******/OSI1pM[/IMG] I may be able to slide it in at an angle but not sure really.
Thanks a bunch! I don't think it would make a 90 degree turn in a staircase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limp Fox View Post
Just simply amazing!!!
Why thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstanek View Post
That looks really nice.

Which LED kit did you use behind the screen?
Thanks. The LED came with the screen.
ConradC is online now  
post #22 of 54 Old 08-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Newbie
 
Srt-What's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
One more question.

Do you miss having a regular TV in your living room ?
(for the wife and kids)
Srt-What is offline  
post #23 of 54 Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt-What View Post
One more question.

Do you miss having a regular TV in your living room ?
(for the wife and kids)
Nope. Not at all. Even though the room uses a projector. We use the room like we did before. The kids watch PBS Sprout (in SD), play on the Wii and everything they did before I updated. Not much has changed from the time we had our 82" to the new 115". I would say the projector sees an average of about 2-3 hours a day. That's one of the reasons why I like our updated setup. Usage has either stayed the same or increased a little, but satisfaction increased 10x! Plus the entire area looks so much better!
ConradC is online now  
post #24 of 54 Old 11-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Member
 
abshole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I just saw the post in the before & after thread, & I must say this is incredible. I love that screen.

Also, I'm assuming you're using XBMC? What is the theme?
abshole is offline  
post #25 of 54 Old 11-17-2014, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by abshole View Post
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I just saw the post in the before & after thread, & I must say this is incredible. I love that screen.

Also, I'm assuming you're using XBMC? What is the theme?
Thanks. I'm happy how it turned out. It actually forced us to update our 1st floor decor. lol

Yep. Kodi, formally known as XBMC. I'm using the default theme, Confluence. I like how it looks and has everything I need so far.
ConradC is online now  
post #26 of 54 Old 11-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Member
 
abshole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradC View Post
Thanks. I'm happy how it turned out. It actually forced us to update our 1st floor decor. lol

Yep. Kodi, formally known as XBMC. I'm using the default theme, Confluence. I like how it looks and has everything I need so far.

Kodi. XBMC. I'll never get used to the new name.

Makes me want to redo my setup. It was really only temporary but after spending the last few hours browsing I'm itching to redo it. I'd love to get a Black Diamond screen but I just can't afford it & have begun to look at other DIY options.
abshole is offline  
post #27 of 54 Old 11-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Juiced46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradC View Post
Thanks. I'm happy how it turned out. It actually forced us to update our 1st floor decor. lol

Yep. Kodi, formally known as XBMC. I'm using the default theme, Confluence. I like how it looks and has everything I need so far.
The Kodi/XBMC, How are you controlling it? I see you can use a TV remote but unsure how that interconnects to the server? I am going to hide a server with the rest of my A/V equipment and would love to use this Kodi software with a remote.

Another option that was mentioned to me by a friend is a program called Plex which I guess is better. Benefit for me is they make an Xbox One app so I do not need to run a server and its controlled by the Xbox remote. Downside is that its either $40 yearly or $150 lifetime and Kodi is free..... I really only want to use it for music. So I do not think paying a fee yearly or lifetime is worth it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abshole View Post
Kodi. XBMC. I'll never get used to the new name.

Makes me want to redo my setup. It was really only temporary but after spending the last few hours browsing I'm itching to redo it. I'd love to get a Black Diamond screen but I just can't afford it & have begun to look at other DIY options.
I am in the same boat. I really want the Black Diamond screen. But damn they cost more than my projector! It would fit my room nicely that I am almost done building. I am using a 100" Elite Fixed frame screen. The challenge I have is low ceilings and reflections because the screen is 2" from the ceiling. The Black Diamond should make it much better. But I am already WAYY over budget for me room build.
Juiced46 is online now  
post #28 of 54 Old 11-17-2014, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I sort of went over budget myself, but the family loves it. So I guess it was worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
The Kodi/XBMC, How are you controlling it? I see you can use a TV remote but unsure how that interconnects to the server? I am going to hide a server with the rest of my A/V equipment and would love to use this Kodi software with a remote.

Another option that was mentioned to me by a friend is a program called Plex which I guess is better. Benefit for me is they make an Xbox One app so I do not need to run a server and its controlled by the Xbox remote. Downside is that its either $40 yearly or $150 lifetime and Kodi is free..... I really only want to use it for music. So I do not think paying a fee yearly or lifetime is worth it for me.



I am in the same boat. I really want the Black Diamond screen. But damn they cost more than my projector! It would fit my room nicely that I am almost done building. I am using a 100" Elite Fixed frame screen. The challenge I have is low ceilings and reflections because the screen is 2" from the ceiling. The Black Diamond should make it much better. But I am already WAYY over budget for me room build.
I currently have 3 ways of controlling XBMC

1. Wireless keybord - Controls XBMC only
2. iPad/iPhone via Constellation - Controls XBMC only, but is soooo cool!
3. Philips Pronto TSU7500 / EventGhost / USB-UIRT - Everything <=== used 95% of the time.
ConradC is online now  
post #29 of 54 Old 11-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Newbie
 
eleazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I absolutely love your setup. It is truly gorgeous.

My friend sent me some of your pictures and it has convinced me that I need to do this to our main room

Quick question, how tall are your ceilings and how wide is the wall the screen is on? I'm concerned that a 115"+ screen might be too big since our ceilings are only 7 feet 8 inches. :\

Last edited by eleazar; 11-19-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: clarified question
eleazar is offline  
post #30 of 54 Old 11-19-2014, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ConradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL.
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar View Post
I absolutely love your setup. It is truly gorgeous.

My friend sent me some of your pictures and it has convinced me that I need to do this to our main room

Quick question, how tall are your ceilings and how wide is the wall the screen is on? I'm concerned that a 115"+ screen might be too big since our ceilings are only 7 feet 8 inches. :\
Thanks!

7'8" = 92". A 115" diagonal screen is 57" tall (not including the screen borders). So that leaves you with 35" of empty space to work with. The bottom of my screen is 24" from the floor. I placed my screen vertically so that the center is close to eye level when sitting down and high enough to see over the chairs. If you follow my measurements, that leaves you with 11" from the top of the screen to the ceiling. I think that's too close to the ceiling. You will have light spilling out from the screen on to the ceiling. The Black Diamond does a great job controlling most of the light spill, but not all of it.
ConradC is online now  
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms
Gear in this thread - 5030UB by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off