Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-13-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Another seat question

I am probably a month out before I need chairs. I would like to use site sponsors to buy them and get some opinions how to buy a chair. Looking at a row of 3 or 4 curved. This is something I am going to be buying blind as there is nowhere around here to buy something like this, so I am going to have to wing it and hope for the best as I will not get to stretch my legs out first.

I am in the $599 per seat range. I looked at a couple with led underneath that looked cool, also manual is fine. Would like the best comfort for the money, I am also a pretty big guy at 6'1" and around 300lbs give or take 10 pounds This is one of them things I would love to try before you buy, so that is where ya'll come in.

One question about the led lights, do the chairs need to be wired or can they just be plugged in? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 870
man ---- you almost shouldn't buy chairs without sitting in them first?!?!?!?!

I'm 6'3" and 260lbs and my older berkline recliners fit me very well. I bought mine used off craigslist. They are very firm and oversized, and my smaller friends find them uncomfortable because they don't 'squish in' with a lack of weight. I'm heavy and they squish in just fine with me. I think you may find yourself in a similar situation. If you buy too small you'll regret it. carp and I have both been out to Nebraska Furniture mart fairly recently and neither of us really liked the newer chairs available there. I like having the wider chairs capable of my weight and size. I don't feel smushed in while watching a long movie and I'm not bottoming out the cushion with my size. Carp is tall and slender and he wants his foot rest to support his long legs all the way to his feet. Can't hardly tell much about the feel from specs.

Good luck!

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
man ---- you almost shouldn't buy chairs without sitting in them first?!?!?!?!

I'm 6'3" and 260lbs and my older berkline recliners fit me very well. I bought mine used off craigslist. They are very firm and oversized, and my smaller friends find them uncomfortable because they don't 'squish in' with a lack of weight. I'm heavy and they squish in just fine with me. I think you may find yourself in a similar situation. If you buy too small you'll regret it. carp and I have both been out to Nebraska Furniture mart fairly recently and neither of us really liked the newer chairs available there. I like having the wider chairs capable of my weight and size. I don't feel smushed in while watching a long movie and I'm not bottoming out the cushion with my size. Carp is tall and slender and he wants his foot rest to support his long legs all the way to his feet. Can't hardly tell much about the feel from specs.

Good luck!
Yeah I hear ya. I know your a big dude to. Problem here is there are really not many stores close by and the internet deals are pretty good with free shipping. Maybe I should peg a few stores in Philadelphia and just take a ride. I actually fell in love with a chair at Andrews house and after the January GTG, I went out and bought the same chair at Raymour and Flannigan, not sure if you have them out your way. Mine does not feel the same as his, but it is the same chair? They have some theater stuff, but not allot. Thanks for the feedback.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page