Selling my whole system, need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Selling my whole system, need advice

First off, please move this to the appropriate forum, I'm not sure if this place is ok or not.

I am moving, and with the move I lose my home theater room. So, I want to sell all items, but not sure if this pricing would be good or not. Here is what I all have:

Panasonic AE4000U
104” diag. Stewart Lux Deluxe 2.35.1
2 electric leather recliners
pair of polk audio monitor 70's
polk audio cs20 center
pair of polk audio 30's front height
pair of polk audio 40's front wide
4 Cambridge newton series s205 (pair for rear, pair for rear surround)
pair of svs PC12-NSD subs
buttkicker amp
2 buttkickers
denon 4311ci avr
some Yamaha receiver working as an amp to power two of the 11.4 setup speakers
a rack
all cabling

What do you guys think would be a good price for the entire theater room?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzirkelb View Post
First off, please move this to the appropriate forum, I'm not sure if this place is ok or not.

I am moving, and with the move I lose my home theater room. So, I want to sell all items, but not sure if this pricing would be good or not. Here is what I all have:

Panasonic AE4000U
104” diag. Stewart Lux Deluxe 2.35.1
2 electric leather recliners
pair of polk audio monitor 70's
polk audio cs20 center
pair of polk audio 30's front height
pair of polk audio 40's front wide
4 Cambridge newton series s205 (pair for rear, pair for rear surround)
pair of svs PC12-NSD subs
buttkicker amp
2 buttkickers
denon 4311ci avr
some Yamaha receiver working as an amp to power two of the 11.4 setup speakers
a rack
all cabling

What do you guys think would be a good price for the entire theater room?
Can not comment on price but I think it would be a lot harder to find someone locally that would want to buy the complete setup as everyones room would be somewhat different. Yes, selling things individually would be a pain and there would be parts you would not be able to move.. You sure you can't find room for at least some of the stuff in your new place?

Projector and screen with a smaller sound system and butt kickers in the living room couch still provides a great experience for every day evening TV..
post #3 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
Can not comment on price but I think it would be a lot harder to find someone locally that would want to buy the complete setup as everyones room would be somewhat different. Yes, selling things individually would be a pain and there would be parts you would not be able to move.. You sure you can't find room for at least some of the stuff in your new place?

Projector and screen with a smaller sound system and butt kickers in the living room couch still provides a great experience for every day evening TV..
Oh, I plan to do what you said. I took my 110" HP Da Lite screen already. I plan to downsize the system though, physically and sound wise. Old home the room was in the basement, my daughters rooms (4 and 2) were on the 2nd floor, so 2 floors inbetween. This house they will be on the same floor. and, if it still doesn't work, then I'll do surround on the main floor living with just a big tv.

These speakers are physically big, take up a lot of space, I'd go to a less impressive sound system to make it more of a family viewing environment.

So, in reality, I'm in the research phase of what to sell the stuff for, then I'll research how much I can buy with the proceeds, etc. I'm hoping the people buying my house will want the equipment, then I can just give them a price, but I don't know what a good price would be for the complete room all set up.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh, I plan to do what you said. I took my 110" HP Da Lite screen already. I plan to downsize the system though, physically and sound wise. Old home the room was in the basement, my daughters rooms (4 and 2) were on the 2nd floor, so 2 floors inbetween. This house they will be on the same floor. and, if it still doesn't work, then I'll do surround on the main floor living with just a big tv.

These speakers are physically big, take up a lot of space, I'd go to a less impressive sound system to make it more of a family viewing environment.

So, in reality, I'm in the research phase of what to sell the stuff for, then I'll research how much I can buy with the proceeds, etc. I'm hoping the people buying my house will want the equipment, then I can just give them a price, but I don't know what a good price would be for the complete room all set up.

Seems to me you could just tack 6 Grand to the house price and say all the stuff stays and hope no one says "We will offer so and so without the theater"
post #5 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

House is already sold, and I put it outside the sale of the home to not pay realtor fees / keep it myself if I chose.

6k is the price you come up with then? I came up with 7k if individual, 6500 for set. That number is just 60% of what I purchased everything for 3 years go, and think it is fare.

Cool, thanks, I will offer it to them somewhere in the 6-7k range if they want it, if not, the on to craigslist I go
post #6 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
House is already sold, and I put it outside the sale of the home to not pay realtor fees / keep it myself if I chose.

6k is the price you come up with then? I came up with 7k if individual, 6500 for set. That number is just 60% of what I purchased everything for 3 years go, and think it is fare.

Cool, thanks, I will offer it to them somewhere in the 6-7k range if they want it, if not, the on to craigslist I go
It was a number I pulled out my butt.. figured you can not build a new room with quality gear for under $10000 so $6000 for used already all done would be a reasonable number if included in the mortgage. Straight out of the air..
post #7 of 7 Old 06-27-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Your butt knows well
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms
Gear in this thread - AE4000U by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page