Seating Configuration Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-18-2014, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Seating Configuration Help

I need to order some seating for my home theater and have decide on the Fusion Jives. I have talked to Roman a bit and would like some opinions on which seating configuration would work best.

My dilemma is the amount of seats (2 rows), I know I am good with 3 seats per row, but I really want to have 4 seats in the front row so that when another couple comes over we aren't split up between front and back rows. I know 4 seats will fit, but I am concerned about the viewing angles to the screen from the far sides. So here's my seating situation, hope I can show this accurately. Please ignore the mess, still a WIP :O

This is the view from the wall to my rack, I have 152 inches total

Image showing the current seating , 3 seats, currently around 29 inches from the wall

Current spacing from the rack,

This is showing were the edge of the 4 curved seating would end for 139 inches (115 + 24 (isle) ), my concern here is the angle to the screen, i would be able to move back towards the other wall maybe 4 inches though to leave a 24" isle

This is showing the edge for 4 straight at 133 inches (109 + 24 (isle)), same concerns here as far as angle to the screen, being way off to the side.

The seating would be about 9.5 to 10ft back (from eyes) to a current 100" screen which would leave about 6 or so feet for a second row. The screen is 87 inches wide, so at 109 and 114 inches on the chair configurations there is 22 inches and 27 inches of space where the seating is outside the screen area. I figure cut that in half and cut 4 inches for the armrest means the seating is ending around 7 - 9 inches on the right or left of the screen. Based on this I dont know whether it would be very comfortable for the viewers on the edges. Any help would be appreciated, the pictures dont show the viewing angles very well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-21-2014, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
If I was in your shoes I would push your current chairs over to where you think the fourth chair will sit and watch a movie or two in the fourth seat position. You will be your own worst critic on your theater. So if you think it's acceptable I am sure any one else will think it's just fine. Most people dont get the luxury of sitting in front of a 100" screen.

Last edited by ClayliketheDIRT; 07-23-2014 at 04:42 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2014, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayliketheDIRT View Post
If I was in your shoes I would push your current chairs over to where you think the fourth chair will sit and watch a movie or two in the fourth seat position. You will be your own worst critic on your theater. So if you think it's acceptable I am sure any one else will think it's just fine. Most people done get the luxury of sitting in front of a 100" screen.
I actually did that on the left and then tried to map out where I though the center of the chair would be on the right. I think it will be acceptable, at the very worst one chair may not be the best, but whatever. Thanks for the reply, I think I am going to try to go with a straight 4 row with loveseat in the middle.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
I actually did that on the left and then tried to map out where I though the center of the chair would be on the right. I think it will be acceptable, at the very worst one chair may not be the best, but whatever.
No matter what you do, there will always be a "best" and "worst" seat in the theater!

My goal when I built mine was to make sure that there wasn't a race for the best seats because the 'worst' seats were unacceptable. But as those 'worst' seats don't get used until the theater is truly full anyway, that's the only time it matters. And in those cases, for me, that's where I sit so my guests have the "best experience".

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page