Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Help with TV Mount

Hello,

I recently moved into a new condo, which already had a tv mount installed. The owner does not know the product # nor have the guide for the mount. I checked all over the mount, and could not find a product # or even company name.

I have a 46 inch samsung LED tv (un46d6420). The manual says it is ~44lbs. I would like to mount it on the wall mount, but I am unsure if the mount is able to support that size of TV.

The mount is a Articulating Wall Mount, and is silver.

In terms of additionaly hardware, the owner left me 4 screws, 8 washers, 4 plastic spacers, and the two brackets to mount on the TV. As well, the screws are more narrow than the mount holes on the TV..

Is there any way for me to determine if the mount will support my TV? also where would I be able to get the proper screws (preferably somewhere online or In canada)?

I am very new to wall mounts, and would appreciate any input!!

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got one of these for $25 from Amazon - it works great holding up my 55" TV

http://amzn.com/B001TIG36C
Old 07-29-2014, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
put a hook on the bracket and place some weight in it more than the weight of your TV just to check how much weight can it withstand...
Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
OK, here is what I would do.

First, look at the screws that attach the mount to the wall. Do they have hex heads, or common screw heads. A hex head would indicate that the mount was attached to studs with lag bolts and is likely OK. Common slotted or phillips heads would indicate it was attached to the wall with wall anchors and is probably not OK. If they are hex head, the next step is to look for the number. If there are only 2, and they are in a vertical pattern, that would indicate a light duty mount for a 32-37" TV and would only be designed for 30 pounds or so. I wouldn't use it. Besides, this sort of mount would have a small bolt pattern on the TV side. If it has 4 bolts in a rectangular pattern and a hole pattern that fits your TV (likely VESA 200) it will probably be OK, and I would try it.

Go to the local hardware store and find bolts that fit. Probably an M6 or M8 at 1.5" long.

BTW, the TV does not weigh as much as you say. The spec sheet says 41 pounds is the shipping weight in carton. The actual weight without stand is 26.5 pounds.

I am not a big fan of articulated mounts. They put a lot of stress on the wall, and people tend to hang off of them. You will be OK if you keep it close to the wall, but if you extend it, be very careful. Do not leave it extended when not in use. Only extend it as far as necessary.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Cut your losses. You'll spend more time screwing around with this questionable setup than just ordering a mount you know is adequate for your display and making sure it's screwed securely to at least one stud. New mount will likely cover any existing holes it doesn't line up with.

underachiever extraordinaire

Tags
led , mount , Wall Mount