Movie/game set up on a 22 year old budget - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Movie/game set up on a 22 year old budget

I have been on this site for a long time, ever since I was browsing for a 47 inch LED TV about 3 years ago, now I've saved some money and stepped up my game a bit!

It's nothing crazy but it makes me happy and it's all I can afford within my means. Sorry for the crappy pictures, my SD card on my DSLR broke in half.

Video:
Sony HW40ES 1080p 3D projector
100 inch 16:9 EliteScreens Cinegrey 5D fixed screen

Audio:
Sony STR-DH540 5.2 1080p 3D receiver
2 Floor standing Andrew Jones Pioneer Speakers
1 Center channel Andrew Jones Pioneer
2 Bookshelf Andrew Jones Pioneer
1 8 inch powered Andrew Jones Pioneer
14 gauge copper wire

Sources:
Xbox one
Bright house DVR
Xbox 360

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlg View Post
I have been on this site for a long time, ever since I was browsing for a 47 inch LED TV about 3 years ago, now I've saved some money and stepped up my game a bit!

It's nothing crazy but it makes me happy and it's all I can afford within my means. Sorry for the crappy pictures, my SD card on my DSLR broke in half.

Video:
Sony HW40ES 1080p 3D projector
100 inch 16:9 EliteScreens Cinegrey 5D fixed screen

Audio:
Sony STR-DH540 5.2 1080p 3D receiver
2 Floor standing Andrew Jones Pioneer Speakers
1 Center channel Andrew Jones Pioneer
2 Bookshelf Andrew Jones Pioneer
1 8 inch powered Andrew Jones Pioneer
14 gauge copper wire

Sources:
Xbox one
Bright house DVR
Xbox 360

How do you like the Andrew jones setup?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Love the floating console!

The Andrew Jones speakers are also great!

Have you thought about painting at all?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Be grateful for the times you live in. I probably spent as much as you did back in '86 and only had a stereo receiver without remote, tape deck, turntable, 1 pair of floor standing speakers (Infinity SM series) ) 1 pair of book shelf speakers for the B channel (Radio shack Minimus somethings) and a 19" TV, also without remote, hooked into the system via the headphone jack. VCR was still 4 years out of reach. Surround sound of any sort other than a left over Quadrophonic system wasn't available to the masses. Guess I could have borrowed the family's Magnavox Odyssey (Pong + "hockey" + "handball"...black and white) for gaming but the sound didn't really warrant it.
Trust me, you're rockin' it, compared to most of your peers with a 'pad and a pair of Beats.
I also love the floating credenza.
Now, about all that exposed wiring.............. Put that on the list when you own the place. (If you already are a home owner at 22, I bow to your supreme heritage, luck or work ethic)

underachiever extraordinaire

Last edited by weaselfest; 07-29-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: bad math and bad memory
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartparts06 View Post
How do you like the Andrew jones setup?
I love them! Nothing in the price range or even slightly above beats the sound quality they put out, I highly recommend them. I did quite a bit of trial and error before getting to this set-up so they make me happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrace View Post
Love the floating console!

The Andrew Jones speakers are also great!

Have you thought about painting at all?
Thank you! It was a pain in the butt to build since it was mostly custom but at the end of the day it was quite worth it.

I'm actually moving in October and will be painting a matte gray but as of now, I have zero light bleed thanks to the velvet surround as well as the black out velvet curtains, plus the screen doesn't have anywhere to reflect off of. Consider this my 1.0 set-up, more to come when I move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselfest View Post
Be grateful for the times you live in. I probably spent as much as you did back in '86 and only had a stereo receiver without remote, tape deck, turntable, 1 pair of floor standing speakers (Infinity SM series) ) 1 pair of book shelf speakers for the B channel (Radio shack Minimus somethings) and a 19" TV, also without remote, hooked into the system via the headphone jack. VCR was still 4 years out of reach. Surround sound of any sort other than a left over Quadrophonic system wasn't available to the masses. Guess I could have borrowed the family's Magnavox Odyssey (Pong + "hockey" + "handball"...black and white) for gaming but the sound didn't really warrant it.
Trust me, you're rockin' it, compared to most of your peers with a 'pad and a pair of Beats.
I also love the floating credenza.
Now, about all that exposed wiring.............. Put that on the list when you own the place. (If you already are a home owner at 22, I bow to your supreme heritage, luck or work ethic)
Haha yeah I do consider myself very lucky but technology evolves and becomes more available to the masses so the prices are affordable! I got a killer deal on most of my equipment because I'm a big bargain hunter.

Yeah the exposed wiring is quite the eye sore but I figured since I'm moving in October, I won't do too much wire management until then!

I'm actually renting still because of school and I can't get pre-approved for a house loan YET but by next year when my lease is over, I will be purchasing a home if all goes well.

Thanks for the comments guys