Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Please help on designing Media Center 3m X 3M size living room

Hi to all enthusiasts and professionals,

We will be moving soon to our newly bought house & Lot. It is quite a small one but is enough for my family. I only have a dilemma in placing my media center on our living room. Attached are the photos of the living room. I initially plan to place the TV on the widest wall available, however the sofa in front will be floating along the space. If I place to TV in front of the side window, I think it would be distracting the background lighting of the window unless I cover it with a blackout curtain. I would also like to ask your opinion on how to place the TV with a clean cable management since all the walls are concrete. Do I need to have a double walling with wooden molding and cables to be inserted at the back? Btw, these are the things that I plan to place in the media center:

Samsung 55" F8000 3D Led TV
JBL SB400 Soundbar
Xbox 360 with Kinect
LG 3D Bluray Player
Provision for a 5.1 home theater setup (Cube speakers)

Btw, I am also attaching one design I have in mind and kindly advise if you agree or not...

Hope to get some serious advices from you guys...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140425_110535.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	186794   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140425_110550.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	186802   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140425_110612.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	186810   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Console.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	186850   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Living room.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	186858  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-31-2014, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In this room, your options are really limited. If you put the TV on the wide wall, the couch will be off to the left side of the TV along the wall, or in the middle of the room, too close to the TV. If you put it in front of the window, you'll be blocking most of the view.

It looks like the builder intended for the TV to go in front of the stairs - is there a reason you wouldn't want it there? I see the TV stand you have in mind and that it wouldn't fit in front of the stairs, but it may be too much for that room in all honesty. I would say your best bet is getting a low-rise TV stand and just keeping the TV on its base instead of trying to go for the floating/wall-mount appearance.

Is the white chair-rail molding in the room made of wood? If so, I'd think you could somehow remove it and use it to channel the surround speakers wires, then mount the surround speakers just above the couch. You would have some speaker wire showing between the chair-rail and speaker, but you could always paint it or try a product like this: http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-Super...pool-White.asp

post #3 of 3 Old 08-02-2014, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Finally, someone speaks up...Thanks for the heads up....btw fyi, i'll be just using a Surround Bar just below th TV. Any other idea?
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms