Hey guys, I am in the process of finishing my basement, and looking to wire the Main Room for Surround Sound, and the rest of the basement for stereo. For the stereo, I was thinking of going with the monoprice 6 zone amp, and for the home theater section of the main room I’ll probably use my Denon 1909 AVR that I got in 2008.
I am not a complete noob, but would appreciate all advice/critiques of the setup.
Now, on to my questions…
1. I am at a loss of where the place the surrounds and rear channel speakers. Because the room is wide open to the right of the couch I can’t mount them anywhere. I hate speaker stands, so the only other option is ceiling. Would that be terrible, or should I suck it up and use speaker stands? Note: Ceilings are 9.5 ft.
2. Is 8.5 ft from rear of couch too long of a distance for rear (7.1) surrounds? If not, I could mount those on the back wall.
3. How is an AVR typically integrated with a whole house stereo? Is it possible to send output from the AVR to my 6 zone amp? The 6 zone amp does have an optical.
4. For the Gym area, if I want to use the in-wall speakers as TV speakers, all I need to do is set the TV as an input into the amp using regular stereo audio cables, right?
5. Is there anything else I should consider while I am down to the framed walls?
Thanks for the feedback,