Basement Entertainment Room Design - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-09-2014, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Basement Entertainment Room Design

So my father and I have been kicking around several different ideas to redo the basement which is currently half finished with a billards table on one side and storage on the other. Its been a good excuse to put my engineering and AV knowledge to the test.

Initially, we were thinking of going for a dedicated theater setup to take advantage of the upcoming dolby atmos as you can see in the following images. This would utilize a projector in the room with 11 speakers not including subwoofers.

However, after dealing with space constraint issues such as the large playing area required for the pool table and the immoveable support poles (two shown in black) we were leaning towards a more open design and upgrading the existing theater on the main floor. We were thinking this design would work nicer for the area specifically for watching football, i.e. the Super Bowl giving you the ability to watch on either TV (shown with the ironman screen grab on two walls). The projector and screen was switched to a 80” for the viewing area with a smaller 60” on the side wall by the billiards table.

The goal for the sound system is to have the viewing area have 7.1 while delivering stereo sound to the rest of the area. (7.1 speakers shown in green and stereo in purple) With this vision it complicates the source/amplifier layout. I think this is what would have to be done to accomplish this, thoughts?

The questions I have:
• Speaker layout
• Source layout

I’m open to any and all input as I’ve learned so much from this site and all the sharing previous AVS members have shared.

---------
My Home Theater

Last edited by smarcus3; 09-09-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2014, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Okay, the biggest question is what do do with the surrounds for the theater setup. I'm not sure what is best and would like to stay away from in ceiling if possible. Thanks

---------
My Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page