Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-13-2000, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Hello,

As I begin to add components to my HT setup, will I need to run through AVIA settings with each input to the display?

Should basic adjustments be performed, and if so, will they be saved based on the particular input used (component, s-video, etc)?

So far the set has only been viewed with "memory" settings, as I have them to levels that are pretty darned good for a non-calibrated set. While I ask, what are the benefits of the other settings? Can these settings be tweaked and have levels saved? I'm talking about Normal and Theatre as opposed to Memory.

Thanks much.

Nethawk

------------------
Nethawk
- New enthusiast of HT (I'm convinced this stands for "Here Tomorrow")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-14-2000, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Nethawk:
Hello,

As I begin to add components to my HT setup, will I need to run through AVIA settings with each input to the display?

Should basic adjustments be performed, and if so, will they be saved based on the particular input used (component, s-video, etc)?

So far the set has only been viewed with "memory" settings, as I have them to levels that are pretty darned good for a non-calibrated set. While I ask, what are the benefits of the other settings? Can these settings be tweaked and have levels saved? I'm talking about Normal and Theatre as opposed to Memory.

Thanks much.

Nethawk

Yes, make settings for each of your inputs. On the question of Memory vs. Theater vs. Normal..if you start from Theater or Normal, then make an adjustment, that becomes your new Memory setting. Not very convenient, but you need to know this. Also, be wary of that "reset" button on your remote. It is much to easy to hit by accident. Be sure to write down all your front panel control setting numbers in the event that this happens.

Enjoy!

Mits WS55857, Pan H1000D, Samsung TS360, Linn AV51XX, Proceed AVP/Amp5, (2) PS Audio PowerPlant
Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page