AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do you remote control two Sony DVD players?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vern Dias 
#1 ·

HELP!!! I recently purchased a

Sony 200 DVD changer, and

already own a DVP-S7000 player.

The problem is that the remote

for either player controls BOTH

of the players AT THE SAME

TIME!!!

Is there a solution to this

problem??

Tim

#2 ·
Thanks Mark. I figured I was stuck. The wife got me the 200

changer for x-mas and I already had the 7000. I don't want to sell it though, because it is one of the early models with the "switches" that defeat region coding and macovision.

I also wanted to keep the 7000

connected for rental discs and casual DVD viewing on the 27' direct view via the composite input on the VCR. Guess I'll just keep the IR sensor on the 7000 covered until I use it.

Tim

#3 ·
2 ideas, I'm not familiar with either of these products so these ,may not work.

1) Many Sony devices have a switch on the back to allow you to assign them to one of 3 IR addresses. My Sony CD player, TV and VCR all have this feature.

2) If the above doesn't work, how about turning off one of the unit while the other is on. Then use the Power button on the remote to "toggle" between the 2 devices. When the power toggle is recieved one unit will turn on the other off.

#4 ·
There are no switches to control IR settings on either of these DVD players. Currently I am just covering the IR sensor that I am not using with cardboard and holding that on with tape.

I own alot of Sony product and I have yet to see one with a switch on the back to control IR settings. Which models have this??

#5 ·
Here is what I did when I had this problem with 2 LD players and 2 DSS receivers:

1. Buy 2 IR repeater kits

2. Place each receiver in one of the front corners of your room

3. Wire each receiver to it's own emitter

4. Fasten each emitter to the units in question

5. Cover the IR receiver area on each unit to prevent stray IR signals from entering

6. Point the remote either to the left or right of the room to control each unit individually.

7. Problem solved....

Vern Dias

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.