Sub placement help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Unread Today, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sub placement help.

I'm thinking of locating my sub in the lower left corner. I have a 70 inch sony led that I'll be placing in the center of the wall under the window with mono price in wall speakers for 7.1 surround.

I have also attached a picture of my rack. I was going to do an in wall rack, but because I am placing all of the components in my room where I will be playing guitar with the occasional recording, I didn't want the sound of the fan.

Where do you suggest I place the sub. I want to put an outlet and run wire to it so I want to make sure I know where it should go. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3208.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	421425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3287.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	421433  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Today, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 17
More information is needed. What speakers and sub will you use? If you're talking some minimal sat/sub system with a "bass module" instead of a true sub (Bose), corner placement may be a necessity for bass reinforcement.

Depending on the dimensions of the room a "sub crawl" may be necessary because of standing waves. Your question can't really be answered with the information provided. Standard electrical codes usually state outlets every 6 feet. This should provide enough flexibility for placement anywhere throughout the room. Even possibly two subs if the square footage requires it.

Do you have someone helping with build or doing it yourself? If using a professional, ask their recommendation.
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfalls View Post
More information is needed. What speakers and sub will you use? If you're talking some minimal sat/sub system with a "bass module" instead of a true sub (Bose), corner placement may be a necessity for bass reinforcement.

Depending on the dimensions of the room a "sub crawl" may be necessary because of standing waves. Your question can't really be answered with the information provided. Standard electrical codes usually state outlets every 6 feet. This should provide enough flexibility for placement anywhere throughout the room. Even possibly two subs if the square footage requires it.

Do you have someone helping with build or doing it yourself? If using a professional, ask their recommendation.
Thanks for the reply! I'm doing it myself. I purchased a BIC Audio Sub off of Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F1.../dp/B0015A8Y5M

I wish I would have waited, because I can afford a better sub and there are deals all the time, but I bought it in a hurry awhile back.

My speakers are Mono price in wall speakers. I have a R,C,L front channel and a R and L and 2 overhead speakers for the rear speakers.

I don't have the measurements of the room off the top of my head, but I can get those.

I agree about the placement of the electrical, but I would also like to run the speaker wire to that location for a clean look.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page