Pioneer Elite vsx45-tx how loud is yours? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2002, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bought the 45 this week, finally hooked it up last night...
I have Klipsch synergy 10.5s, center channel, two surround klipsch bookshelfs and a klipsch ksw12 sub I thought this thing would be REALLY loud... but I had to turn it up to -20 just to get a decent level of volume to watch a movie...
it's going to be difficult explaining what I think is loud...

just doesn't seem right... i thought I wouldn't be able to turn this thing past halfway... i thought it would be uncomfortably loud... not so

ran the mcacc.. it was cool... but i need more power!

btw- very small living room..

any ideas? i do have everything hooked up to one outlet... tv, dvd, directv, powered sub... is it not getting enough power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2002, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

let me try to explain further... -20.. wasn't loud... it was a comfortable volume to watch a movie... the kind've volume where someone who hates surround sound could watch a movie... and where someone who loves it could deal with it but want more... crap how can I explain loudness..lol... kind've like a doctor asking you to rate your pain...
Old 11-22-2002, 10:26 AM
SRR
AVS Special Member

Ummm -20 shouldn't be that loud. When you calibrate the thing, 0dB should give you 105dB peaks, so -20dB should give you 85dB peaks. 20dB is plenty of head room for you to go, -20dB to the 0dB point gives you four times the volume increase or decrease, how much louder do you need it???
Old 11-22-2002, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

that helps, it's just my ignorance... i haven't bought a reciever since 1993 back in college... finally have a house now, I was too lazy and broke to get into home theatre when I have been apartment hopping the last 9 years...

just starting to get back into it...

should I be concerned having all the components on the same outlet? or would a breaker be thrown if I didn't have enough power?

thanks for you help
Old 11-22-2002, 04:33 PM

I have the 45 also and when I watch a movie it is between -11 and -8 depending. Last night I watched Rain of Fire and had it on -10 and it was rocking.

Wick
Old 11-24-2002, 10:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the 49 TXi and watch movies ~ -18 to - 21. If I really want it loud, I will go to -11 to -14. I am running the Klipsch RF-7 7.1 setup with the RSW-15 sub.

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8&page=1&pp=60 good times! www.illinoiscarry.org www.nra.org
Old 11-25-2002, 07:42 PM

Mc, i thought the same thing too when i first got mine. Every db you go over -20 though makes a big difference. I think I even got mine on the + side when i was testing it. I doubt there would ever be a time I actually would "listen" to it that loud.