AVS Forum banner

Monoprice Wall Mount Advice (8588 Problems)

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pack66 
#1 ·
I bought the Monoprice 8588 wall mount for my Panasonic tc-p60st60 (60" and 73 lbs). As you can see it's tilting way forward:

After my professional calibrator finished up with my TV he helped me tilt the TV up so it's parallel to the wall. We loosened the knobs, tilted the TV up, and tightened the knobs. I've also done this with a friend. After each adjustment it eventually just tilts back down again over a few days.

My question is, is there another Monoprice mount I should buy that doesn't have this problem? Or is there something else I can try to fix my current mount?

See less See more
#2 ·
If you don't need it to tilt, buy one the does not tilt.. Or, find 2 flat spots on the back and add some wood block the proper thickness to prevent the tilt. Just use some double faced mounting tape to attache them to the back of the TV. May be the fastest fix..

#4 ·
uh-oh. i just bought a 10483 tilt mount. My TV is above fireplace mantel (about 48" off floor). Am I going to regret this monoprice purchase?

#6 ·
I would suggest going to ACE Hardware and getting some thin rubber washers to place in the mount path. That will add friction you need.
Two answers for the knob. First one: Find a socket that fits snugly over the knob and use an extension and ratchet to tighten it firmly. Better suggestion: Replace the knob with a nut with a locking insert. Again tighten with a ratchet and extension. This isn't something you need to change often. Mostly when you are fiddling with cables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.