AVS Forum banner

Vikings theater/game room

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  HTMatrix 
#1 · (Edited)
Game room

Originally this thread was setup to obtain some advice, now just showing what I did. Vikings theme ended up going out the window as well, wife didn't approve.

I am using following equipment:

Klipsch RF 82 Towers
Klipsch center R-25C
4 – Klipsch RP-240S surrounds
Pioneer Elite 94thx receiver
SI Slate 1.2 gain series 5 133" zero edge screen with LED lights
JVC RS520 projector
Sony 4k player
SVS PB-12 Plus

Behind the bar will be a pool table.

Really looking for a decent multiuse space where the screen can handle some ambient light.

Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Funny you should reply, I actually subscribed to your build thread before you posted as we have similarities in our layout. How big is the pool table that your using? How big is the space? Just trying to have a visual reference. I haven't had a chance to read through your entire thread, I have subscribed with the intention of reading it later when I had some time.

FYI, I have a pioneer elite receiver as well although its probably 7 years old now, unfortunately I wont be able to use with upgrading to 4k.

#8 · (Edited)
Today I have to decide speaker location at 4 pm. I'm thinking I will sit about 13 feet back from the 133" screen, does this sound like a good distance? When at the theater, I like to sit about a third of the way back from screen. That will place the seating about 4 feet in front of the bar. I also wanted some distance form the bar as the rear speakers will be attached to it.

#10 ·
So AV appointment needed to be pushed back as schedule didnt work out. Anyways, its today. I already ordered 133" screen, and I'm thinking I will sit 13 feet back, does this sound like a good distance? I need to know distance as I will be choosing speaker locations.

Again, I like to sit about a third of the way back at a theater.

I would appreciate any help, want to get the distance right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.