HD29Darbee throw distance and Screen-Gain/FL doubt - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-20-2017, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HD29Darbee throw distance and Screen-Gain/FL doubt

Hello.... I am new on the forum. First of all sorry for my english surely you will see I dont write very well... I am from Argentina.

I was reading tons of info in forums, on projectorcentral, and on internet in general last days...

I am planning my HT (on my living-room) and will apreciate some help to know if I am going in the right way.

The utilization of the HT will be to view HD content, movies, series, sports, etc... and to play PS4.

After a long comparation of a few projectors I have decided to buy the new HD29Darbee wich is very similar to HD28DSE (not purchased yet), And also I will buy a Loch Grey HC screen, 130" diagonal 16:9.
Also I think is a good idea to buy the wireless HDMI WHD200. I hope it works ok, I read some issues like connections lost....

My first doubt is about the throw distance and other values I got from projectorcentral projection calculator:

For 130" screen, the HD29 must be placed at 4.4m distance, and the Loch grey screen has 2.5 gain, then... I obtain in calculator an FL value of 74, and the 4.4m throw distance is on the very red part of the bar, far away of the green part, wich begin at 8.3m.

in summary, my concern is about the far far away green part of the bar, and the high FL value I got.

Is wrong what I am planing to do? Can I improve the HT design? is the projector a good choice for my enviroment ?

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 154
What sort of light control do you have? Curtains, drapes, blinds? Do you have a lot of windows?
post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2017, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have 4 windows with blinds, no curtains yet, eventually I will use the PJ at day, but most usually will be used at night.

And at night, I will usually use it with the lights off, but sometimes I should probably leave some dim ambient light on one corner opposite the screen wall (aprox 7m distance).

Walls and ceiling are completely white.

In short, I will usually use it without daylight or artificial light, but... if I can eventually use it with low light and the projection look just as well, much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page