Now Showing - What We Watched - Page 54 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1591 of 7926 Old 02-03-2005, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
We watch Lost and Alias every week. The first season of Alias was the best. They kinda dropped off later. I like how they are trying to get back to what they had the first season. This season seems more like the first season.

Watched The Village tonight. Good movie. I had already seen it in the theater. Can M. Night Shyamalan really surprise an audience anymore? He writes some good movies with interesting twists, but everyone expects it now when they watch his movies. He could write and direct a great movie without any twists, but people might think it's horrible cause they keep waiting for the twist and it never comes. Maybe he should direct his next twist movie under an alias.

I saw Alien vs. Predator in the theater and I bought it yesterday. I was going to watch it, but then I thought that I may return it before I open it. The movie wasn't as good as Alien or Predator. I remember not liking the movie that much, it did have some good action, but a bad ending. I think I may return it and buy it when it's cheaper just to go along with the other movies in the set.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots. Me being one of them at times.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 7926 Old 02-03-2005, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Toxarch
I like how they (Alias) are trying to get back to what they had the first season. This season seems more like the first season.

I totally agree! I thought that too. I'm glad that they are doing that.

I think "24" is doing the same thing. Season one of 24 was fantastic and then each following season got worse. This year it seems much better and has the same good writing as the first year.

~Markito
post #1593 of 7926 Old 02-03-2005, 07:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I love Bogart films also, I think The Big Sleep is my favorite.

Art

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #1594 of 7926 Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

DUST...now that was a really good movie...very un'hollywood like...the story was also nice...althought the end....well i will just let you guys see it for yourselves..

the movie was called dust and it was playing on my cable company...a few nights ago...something you dont see wevry often...i mean the quality of the movie...another one i would have to say is ARARAT,,,,although there is alot of genocidal people in that one...but it was still a good movie...same type of storytelling which i love...now only if i could convice hollywood popel to make more movies in that fashion...instead of chase seans and explosions...i mean how many times can you watch something blow up....before you get bored.......
Thats my 3 censt...hehe
post #1595 of 7926 Old 02-03-2005, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

To Art Sonneborn...
"When Excellence is Available, Good Is Not Enough"

In that case.... I would have to say that the two movies (dust and ararat) I just talked about are very "Excellent" and not merly "good"...

Let me know if anyone watches them and likes them....I would love to talk about them some more...
And to the guy that started this tread...great idea!!!...ten points for excellet (and not merly good) thinking....
HEHE

"DUST and Ararat..."
post #1596 of 7926 Old 02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

DUST...now that was a really good movie...very un'hollywood like...the story was also nice...althought the end....well i will just let you guys see it for yourselves..

the movie was called dust and it was playing on my cable company...a few nights ago...something you dont see wevry often...i mean the quality of the movie...another one i would have to say is ARARAT,,,,although there is alot of genocidal people in that one...but it was still a good movie...same type of storytelling which i love...now only if i could convice hollywood popel to make more movies in that fashion...instead of chase seans and explosions...i mean how many times can you watch something blow up....before you get bored.......
Thats my 3 censt...hehe
post #1597 of 7926 Old 02-04-2005, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Another Alias last night - I can see we're going to be hooked!

Randy

Check out a video of my 

post #1598 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Yesterday - The Lion In Winter - Patrick Stewart and Glen Close. Wow!!!!!

Pam
post #1599 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

I've been testing the new subwoofer by watching U-571.
All the Babylon 5 episodes we have been watching just don't use the sub like a newer movie.

And my Gawd....wow. The house is rockin'. Even the dog who never seems to care about the sound is even perking his head up wondering what or who is at the door. It is confusing him. Even though this movie is not historically accurate, it is entertaining.
post #1600 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 02:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

I've been watching a lot of TV DVD sets lately too.

Ren & Stimpy
Sliders (at season 2)
X-Files (at season 3)
post #1601 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well watched the Super Bowl in glorious HD !!Completely awesome and loved the outcome.

brickie

AM I THE ONLY OASIS IN THE DESERT OF STUPIDITY......" SIR BRICKENBOCKER"
post #1602 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by brickie
Well watched the Super Bowl in glorious HD !!Completely awesome and loved the outcome.

brickie

I am a football fan and never really watch it, but I did check out a little of the Super Bowl on my front projector system in HD. All I can say is, it sure looked pretty!

Don
post #1603 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by brickie

brickie

I am not a football fan and never really watch it, but I did check out a little of the Super Bowl on my front projector system in HD. All I can say is, it sure looked pretty!

Don
post #1604 of 7926 Old 02-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Watched Sunday.

Celluar - Good movie highly recommend it.

Mr 3000 - Was not funny at all, fell asleep ( was pretty tired )

Just thought would mention one of the worst movies I have ever seen, TORQUE seen it awhile back. I recommend someone watching this to see how bad a movie can really be!!!!!

Watched 2fast 2furious Sat. again, just to see how sounds in new HT room. It sounded great even though the movie isnt too great.
post #1605 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Unfortunately, the evil *#%!@ at Sinclair Broadcasting (who own the local Fox AND ABC stations) won't allow the HD signal to be carried on local cable or satellite. So while we really enjoyed watching the Superbowl last year in HD (on CBS), this year was a major disappointment for the entire Columbus market - and everywhere else Sinclair rules.

Randy

Check out a video of my 

post #1606 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 10:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Last night, after the Superbowl I watched The Matrix Revolutions in HD recorded from HBO HD by myself. It looked spectacular until ton of motion started after the diggers got into the dock and the Direct TV bit starvation reared its very very ugly head.

Art

iRule rules my theater

Bob Marley

post #1607 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Gus
AVS Special Member

We watched it in HD here and if there were any audio drops, they were muted by the vast quantities of alcohol being consumed.

My Pats are now a Dynasty!!!!!!!

T.O. put on a good show, but so did Mr. Branch and Mr. Harrison ans Mr. Bruschi.

Gus

post #1608 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
Last night, after the Superbowl I watched The Matrix Revolutions in HD recorded from HBO HD by myself. It looked spectacular until ton of motion started after the diggers got into the dock and the Direct TV bit starvation reared its very very ugly head.

Art

Art?
Are you telling us you had today OFF? That is kinda late to be up on a Sunday night. I am not so lucky. I have to be up at 4am and then at my desk at 6am in Novi. (An hour drive) I would have loved to close our business for the day, however, Monday is the day we make our money so to speak. It keeps our lights and heat on and keeps our pay checks from bouncing. Wait a second. We do not heat the warehouse....it is not good for our stock (Chocolate). That is why I am so damn cold all the time.

Well anyways, I did not even watch one play of the game. Figured the Pats would win anyways and they will play those new commercials to death...I will see them soon enough. I wish they would have the game earlier in the day...or even on Saturday. Seems not all that long ago it was on not long after the Rose Bowl, now it is in February.

I will watch the Superbowl next year when it is played at Ford Field in Detroit. Never know the Lions could be in it....And then again "Monkeys could fly out my Butt".
post #1609 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Picked up mr 3000 pretty good I liked it also went to my dad's friends house and watched the game on a 52' sony in hd it was amazing
post #1610 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Workindood

We do not heat the warehouse....it is not good for our stock (Chocolate). That is why I am so damn cold all the time.

Chocolate?....did you say - chocolate??????

We saw the Super Bowl in all it's HD glory. Loved the Paul McCartney halftime - I was getting sick of those cheesy choreographically laden productions they have had in the past (and this is coming from the mouth of a choreographer!). Randy, I feel for you and Sinclair - They own our ABC affiliate, and it stinks.

Pam
post #1611 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 06:29 PM

Randy,
So you are unable to recieve FOX OTA? I was just wondering since I read an article about this very thing saying that a very large portion (30%) would not be able to view. They (Sinclair) do transmit HD OTA but they just do not let it on calbe, is this correct?
Jamie

Jamie Crane
Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.
post #1612 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes - that is correct. I refuse to purchase an HD tuner and an antenna just to watch those stations - all of the other local broadcasters, NBC, CBS, PBS, and UPN all provide their HD signals via cable. I did discuss it with my AV guy and he said the signal would be dicey - no guarantees even with the equipment.

In my opinion, Sinclair is unreasonable in their demand to be paid for something that they provide free over the air - they certainly don't have any support from the rest of the broadcast community - or other Fox or ABC affiliates around the country.

Randy

Check out a video of my 

post #1613 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PamW
[b]Chocolate?....did you say - chocolate??????

Oh Yes. 11# Blocks of Chocolate. 5 Blocks to a case. Did I mention that our chocolate is imported? French,German,Swiss, Belgium,etc. Pallets of it.

Oh and Randy, be thankful that you get those channels. We only get NBC up in our neck of the woods. And we can not get a straight answer from Comcast as to WHEN we will get CBS,FOX, or ABC on cable. I with you though. I will not purchase a tuner or an antenna. I spent enough cash on this HDTV stuff.
post #1614 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 07:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Art?
Are you telling us you had today OFF? That is kinda late to be up on a Sunday night. I am not so lucky. I have to be up at 4am and then at my desk at 6am in Novi. (An hour drive) I would have loved to close our business for the day, however, Monday is the day we make our money so to speak. It keeps our lights and heat on and keeps our pay checks from bouncing.

I have a few selected Mondays off, it just by coincidence was the Monday after the Superbowl.

Art

iRule rules my theater

Bob Marley

post #1615 of 7926 Old 02-07-2005, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh Yes. 11# Blocks of Chocolate. 5 Blocks to a case. Did I mention that our chocolate is imported? French,German,Swiss, Belgium,etc. Pallets of it.

Wow, sounds like a sweet business!

Don
post #1616 of 7926 Old 02-08-2005, 05:55 AM

Watched on

Monday - Shall We Dance - Good movie recommend renting
post #1617 of 7926 Old 02-08-2005, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mmmmmmm....(Lansing is how far from NC?)

Queued up for later this week -
Troy (I have my pause button handy)
I may need some chocolate for that one! Workindood, do you ship this way???

Pam
post #1618 of 7926 Old 02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Last weekend:

Finally got around to seeing Spidey 2 - good character development for Webhead and the other characters!

The Big Game was awesome in HD on my now almost obsolete X1 - had my wife's brothers over, and they all sat in the front row - 10' from the 106.5" screen - they were loving it...

Will see DD (Director's Cut) next weekend.

Yes, I haven't seen this one yet either: I'm tired of the chair kickers and talkers and high-priced not-too-healthy food (and my wife's pride prevents me from smuggling in my own goodies like I want to )

So, I wait until they come out on DVD so that I can really enjoy them, with limited exceptions for kiddie movies that my daughter just can't wait for the DVDs...

MY DILEMMA: New car or PJ? New car or PJ? New car or PJ?
post #1619 of 7926 Old 02-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by PamW
Mmmmmmm....(Lansing is how far from NC?)

Queued up for later this week -
Troy (I have my pause button handy)
I may need some chocolate for that one! Workindood, do you ship this way???

A matter of fact we do ship that way. UPS is a good thing. However, read the PM I sent you. I am not here to sell you or anyone else anything.
But I can point you in the right direction. Nothing like GOOD chocolate. I am not talking Hershey bars here....
post #1620 of 7926 Old 02-08-2005, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sounds like time for a power buy!

Randy

Check out a video of my 

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Spy Game Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , X Men First Class Digital Copy Blu Ray , The Bourne Identity Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Spy by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page