Last night, in commemoration of my 37th birthday, my wife had the whole clan over for dinner. After dinner, the men retired to the HT while the women stayed upstairs playing bingo or something. We were watching Josh Beckett make history by thoroughly spanking The Yankees in their own house
. As the exitement grew over the final innings, the ladies made their way downstairs. We wound up having an evenly divided house with 50% cheering for The Fish while the other half (mostly girls who day-dream about Derek Jeeter naked) cheered for The Yanks. Needless to say, Beckett avanged our death well by vanquishing The Yankees.
After The Game.
There were a few among the guests who had never seen a 10 foot wide screen in a house before. Among oohs, and aahs, we decided to play some action scenes.
As my guests cheered on, We watched:
1. The chase through downtown Chicago from Driven.
2. The firey crash scene from Driven
3. The Omaha Beach landing from SPR
4. Some attack scenes from Pearl Harbor
5. The first battle scene from Gladiator
6. Some HD from cable (College football, Texas wilderness scenes)
7. For the grand finali (sp) we watched Josh Beckett, er,I mean Kevin Costner spank The Yankees in a brilliant display of pitching excellence - For Love Of The Game.
It turned out to be a hell of a night. I still have quite the headache.