Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Chewie's Basement Build
Long time lurker. It's about time that I get on with my basement. I decided not to go the "dedicated" home theater route as I like to entertain. I'm planning a very open basement plan with a theater room, a game room, and a home gym.
Here's the plan so far.
- 120" Screen Innovations acoustically transparent screen
- Sony VPL-VW285ES Projector
- Sony STR-ZA2100ES Receiver
- I want a 5.1.4 or surround setup for the theater
- Definitive Technology SM 65's LCR and SM 45's for Rear Surrounds
- I will have a tv in the home gym with two ceiling speakers.
I'm currently getting ready for the rough-in inspection, then I will be starting to run my low voltage wire. I'm planning on running shielded cat 6 (for hdmi over ethernet -- future) to each display as well as hdmi and coax.
I'm really wanting to get started picking out a Receiver, Amp and Speakers, but I'm totally overwhelmed. For the Atmos speakers I'm leaning towards the Sonance (VP64R or VP66R) or the RSL C34E's.
I was going to go with a Sony AV Receiver, but I wasn't sure.
Anyways, any help would be very appreciated.
Last edited by TaunTaunChewie; 10-06-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Reason: Updated Equipment list