[Help Wanted] $5k two channel movies + music build - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-28-2017, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question [Help Wanted] $5k two channel movies + music build

I’m still very new to the hi-fi world and a lot of the jargon/technical stuff goes over my head so please bear with me.

I’ve been looking to upgrade my 7 year old HTIB and TV for awhile, I’ll be getting a 4K smart 55” in a couple months. I recently also upgraded my turntable but the current system is not able to handle low end that well so I figured I needed to add a sub, but the vintage receiver doesn’t haven’t an out.

So I had the idea to try and create a system that could handle 60% music and 40% Movies/TV. Most of the music will be analog but the girlfriend and I do host and like our bass heavy electronic music as well which is stored on the PC. Of course we live in an apartment so neighbors are also a factor.

I’m leaning towards just keeping a solid two channel system until I move out of my apartment into a bigger space. The current room is approx L13” x W27” x H8” it does open up into the kitchen/dining room (one bedroom apartment).

The couch will be about 10-12 feet away from the speakers/TV.

Current Turntable Set up:
  • Rega Planar 3 w/ 2M blue
  • 2x Kef C55s
  • Vintage luxman receiver

My current home theatre specs aren’t worth noting.

I get an amazing discount on the following brands, so I would like to keep the system to them if possible (other than the sub, I might be leaning towards a sealed SVS):

Naim, Cambridge Audio, Rega, NAD, Totem, Paradigm, Focal, Marantz, Bryston, Denon, Panasonic, Yamaha, Sony,

Would love to keep everything under $5000 CAD if possible. I’m currently thinking something along the lines of:

F/L: Paradigm Prestige 15B paired with a sub or a pair of Focal Chorus 726 BS with no sub
Sub: SVS-SB1000

Speaker choice of course affects the rest of budget. Do I go with something like a NAD C368 Integrated amp (with DAC + phono stage). I can’t say I watch many blu-rays, we stream pretty much everything. Or do I go with something like a Marantz 6011 with a Rega fono phono stage to leave upgrade room?

I’m all ears for any advice.

Thank you for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page